It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Of course your opinion counts Amanda! I've been thinking about writing down everything that I can remember, for years. I think it's time to start doing that, especially now that this wonderful website is helping me remember. Thank you.

THANK YOU, JOANNA and YOU ARE VERY WELCOME! :P :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I agree also, dear Amanda!!!

JoAnna, you should write your memories down by any means!!!! If you don't the treasure will be lost! :roll: :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Maybe I should write them all down in a journal now?

Yes, and maybe put some of the "best" on a blog? It is easy to create one on a "free blog" site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:28 pm 
Owl

Yes, I have decided to write about my memories with Elvis and about my life. I'm going to use my laptop as a journal (memoir, I guess) mostly for my children to always have. My son is 23 now and my daughter is 20. When they were little, they were so funny. In kindergarten, my son announced to his teacher and friends that his mommy had kissed Elvis. He brought me for show and tell because nobody believed that his mommy had known Elvis (he had wanted to take some of my things to show, but I said he had to take me with them, they were very important to me and I didn't want anything to happen to them). I didn't realize all the little kindergartners even knew who Elvis was, but I was wrong. Anyway, after I was his "show and tell", they all believed him and he was happy (that's all that mattered). So, I want to write down all the memories I can remember (not only about Elvis) for my kids to have. Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:14 pm 
Pharaoah

Joanna how did you feel about elvis dating ginger while he was with you?? Did you ever get the chance to meet lisa??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:21 pm 
Owl

Lindsaygirl wrote:
Joanna how did you feel about elvis dating ginger while he was with you?? Did you ever get the chance to meet lisa??

Hi Lindsaygirl, I didn't know about Ginger until Elvis started pulling away from me (close to the end of his life). He told me in a couple of letters that he was pulling away from me to protect me, from him. He didn't want to hurt me, anymore than he was already doing. He knew he was sick and felt he would not live much longer (I have started to put some of my things on pages Maia created for me thru Wanda's page). He said he didn't love Ginger and he wanted her to leave and he was not going to marry her. He thought she was nice, and pretty and liked having her around, for awhile.

Elvis was not "with me". We shared an incredilbly close, tender, intimate friendship. I never asked him for anything (but he very generously gave me a lot). I told him I would hide in the trunk of his car if he wanted. I wasn't after his fame or his money or anything; all I wanted from him was his friendship. He was very protective of me and sometimes jealous when he knew I'd gone somewhere, like dancing. It's hard to explain, but we had a connection and love that was strong and real.

I never met Lisa. I heard her sweet voice in the background a couple of times when he called me. When she was with him, he devoted his time to her. He would call me for a short talk, but he wanted to be with Lisa. He loved her so much.

I know it's hard to believe or understand, but I felt blessed just to have him in my life. I did not have dreams of marrying him or living with him. He was my friend. I know he loved me, he told me and showed me often, and I loved him dearly and still do. We had very intimate times and conversations. I believe that because he knew he could trust me, he could be intimate with me, and confide in me.

I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:37 pm 
Phoenix

Quote:
I know it's hard to believe or understand, but I felt blessed just to have him in my life. I did not have dreams of marrying him or living with him. He was my friend. I know he loved me, he told me and showed me often, and I loved him dearly and still do. We had very intimate times and conversations. I believe that because he knew he could trust me, he could be intimate with me, and confide in me.

Not hard to understand at all JoAnna. You connected with Elvis the man not the image and he knew that.You were BOTH very luck to have shared this very very special friendship :)

Thanks again for sharing some of it with us!

Vera xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:11 am 
Site Admin

Trezyours wrote:
Quote:

Not hard to understand at all JoAnna. You connected with Elvis the man not the image and he knew that.You were BOTH very luck to have shared this very very special friendship :)

Thanks again for sharing some of it with us!

Vera xx

I agree 100% with everything you said here Vera! :D :D I too am so very glad that you and Elvis were able to share such a meaningful and loving friendship. :D The beautiful smile on his face in your avatar says it all dear JoAnna. :D I am also very glad that you have decided to write down your memories especially for your children to have. :D They will be a priceless treasure to have for them, and like Sue said "welcomed by anyone who loves and cherishes Elvis' memory" just as we all do here. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:15 am 
Owl

Quote:
Hi JoAnna! Sure hope you don't mind me asking! I just wonder if perhaps Elvis shared some of his books, spiritual thoughts and feelings he had with you within your friendship with him? He sure seemed such a spiritual sweet soul and do you have any particular memories pertaining to this side of Elvis?
Best wishes and blessings, Sue

I don't mind at all. Yes, he absolutely shared his spiritual thoughts with me. He kept his Bible next to his bed and would often read scriptures to me. He loved singing gospel songs and sometimes wished he had gone into ministry (he actually did minister to millions of people, tho, through his gospel music). I have a tape of him talking about God and Heaven, and his mother. I love playing his Gospel albums, they make me feel so close to him and God, and my own mom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 am 
Pharaoah

Thanks for sharing your story JOanna,. you were indeed lucky to know such a great guy, sorry for the questions, sometimes l get confused with all these woman out there saying they were elvis true love and on top of that trying to defend wanda against the people who insult and say her stories are made up . I can see you being turthful just like wanda cause you talk with such passions about him, and talk about the men he was and not the image he was trying to keep up with at the time. Once again Thank you for explaining your side of the story.

Page 2 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next