It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Child Bride
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:55 am 
Dragon

Hi Wanda,

I was browsing on the internet, as usual getting some information on Elvis and Priscilla.....

I came across a site that was talking about the book Child Bride, I am very curious and was wondering if it was a total waste to get this book. Is it all true, the contents looked really interesting and it seemed like it really gave you the nitty gritty around the whole relationship.

Would you suggest reading this, I don't want to open myself up to some kind of drama that never was and that would only cloud things even more.

I have noticed that people don't see Cilla as an angel..... But was this book really the truth.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:56 pm 
i read it and i think it is true ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

It's my opinion that probably quite a bit of this book is true - based on things Elvis told Wanda and the "X Transcripts" (which have not been proven to be genuine - but again, correlate with Wanda's info and others).

HOWEVER, I think we need to take caution that we don't do to Priscilla what so many have done to Elvis...read negative things about someone and based on our own bias, decide it is true.

I am NOT critical of what you say "I believe it is true." It would be somewhat natural to assume this if one were to take a close LOOK at Priscilla's words and actions through these many years. Yet the book was written to bring out the SMUT, true or not. People who write NEGATIVE books about others (really biased - not just showing both sides) tend to print whatever comes their way that FITS that negative picture, whether it is true or not.

Post subject: I have and have read the book Child Bride
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I believe that any author is going to begin with a truth that he or she sees or has documentation about and I also believe that an author is going to add things, delete things and draw conclusions based on his or her "evidence" so that by the end of the book the reader will learn page by page what the author thinks of his or her subject matter.
Based on other books and testimony in court cases, those who have evidence and who choose to present that evidence about Elvis and his time in Germany, it seems likely that what Finstad wrote about was more truth than made up and I believe that when the One above has certain people in line a question will be asked and the individual will not be able to lie because the One above knows all about all of us---the good/the bad and all in-between.
I do recall Finstad was sued by Elvis' ex-wife but the judge believed enough of the documentation presented by Finstad's attorney that the book continued to be published.
If it is true it makes me feel even sadder in my heart when I think about Elvis and the time he spent as a boy/man who was lonely in Germany; and felt he could really trust what his later ex promised him when they spent time learning about each other there.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:14 am 
Site Admin

I think that any judgement is better left in God's hands-the God that it is said, she did not believe in while he was alive, perhaps now she does and has made peace with everything that has gone on in the past. Neither he nor she were perfect people, as none of us are living on this earth in this time, however, he has gone on and he is perfect in the state he is now and knows and understands everything that happened between them and why-and he knows her true heart and her pain as well. So I want the best to be presented and I hope that people who do read Child Bride will also look with a kind eye and remember with a loving heart that the man who brought her into his life, cared for her and wanted the best he could have for her and in the end, that is all that matters now. But this is just my own thoughts and everyone has theirs; it is okay to present them here and I have taken advantage of that today. Feel free to disagree as anyone might, it is everyone's right on this forum to speak freely their thoughts. Love to all, Peace and good will, wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

child bride is not a book made in one day.
Hundreds were interviewed and intresting note that I found out recently trough a good friend...

Indeed Pris "never sued "the author

she did put charges upon Curry Grant and won the case.

Pris first wanted to collaborate with Finstadt but when she saw that it would not be all the same things alreaddy previous written by her and that Suzan really made her homework , Pris stopped the collaboration.

Finstadt alreaddy made a lot of biographies and she never goes over one night of ice. Her facts are always very well searched.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Nadine/Alna for your review. I have not read the book, but you have peaked my interest. Of course, I will keep in mind that Pris has likely matured a lot since then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:09 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Indeed but IMO the book contains lots of trut.

It is a long time ago, Pris her wild days are over and she seems so sad nowadays....

Too bad she was too young to fully appreciate what she had.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:12 pm 
Pharaoah

I don't believe everything in that book, but everyone has faults, we are human. There will always be books that say the good and bad about people.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]