It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: John Wilkerson is hospitalized recently-
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

On Ultimate Elvis someone posted that John Wilkinson is in the hospital and I would like everyone to pray that he does well and gets strength back. He is "fragile" as his book relates briefly-and couldn't be a part of the Elvis Live Concert that Joe M. did with everyone who was avilable who had worked on stage or recording studio with Elvis. John was a nice guy, Elvis liked him, spoke with respectfully of him the few times he did speak of him. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm sending John the best wishes for full recuperation and a million Love's bubbles. May the Light be with him.

Of course, he has some strong influence "up there" with You Know Who.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Here is the report on his condition. Looks like he is on his way to recovery so there is good news.

Quote:
John Wilkinson, Elvis former rhythm guitarist, has been taken to the hospital, where doctors performed surgery. He had complaints about heavy pains in his stomach, and the doctors advised him to have an operation. John Wilkinson is OK now, but it will take at least three weeks before he can leave the hospital.

Update December 5, 2007 from ElvisMatters:

Good news! Our dear friend-of-the-family John Wilkinson is doing much better. He has been walking a little, and the doctors are pleased with his progress. He will stay for probably another 2 weeks at the hospital, until he feels ready to go home again.
Source: ElvisMatters / Updated: Dec 5, 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you Laurie for updating us about John's health...I hope that he does well and has his strength back soon. I know he can't play guitar any more due to Rh Athrities and joint pain/damage. It can be really bad and freeze up the joints painfully. My grandmother had it when she was my age so much she could not hold a fork or spoon well enough to feed herself most of the time. And her elbows became involved later on too.
Back then they didn't have the knowledge of herbal help etc: and just asprin compounds for swelling and pain and heat packs. Anyway, I am so glad he's not having any heart problems-that was my first thought.
Surgery of any kind though ain't fun- wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Surgery of any kind though ain't fun

Ain't that the truth dear Wanda! :( My thanks to you for letting us know about John's recent hospitalization and also to you too dear Laurie for giving us the most recent update on his health condition and prognosis. Prayers and LOTS of LOVE and LIGHT go out to John for him to re-gain his strength and get well and start feeling better really soon. Dearest Amanda I have no doubt whatsoever that "you know who" will definitely use his strong influence to help out his friend! :wink: :D I remember watching a video clip somewhere where during the intros of the band during a show one time( I think in Vegas maybe?) when Elvis introduced John he referred to him as "one of my best friends." :D John looked so touched and happy after hearing that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I remember watching a video clip somewhere where during the intros of the band during a show one time( I think in Vegas maybe?) when Elvis introduced John he referred to him as "one of my best friends." John looked so touched and happy after hearing that.

In a documentary I have (I think it's "Elvis, Behind the Image", but I'm not sure. There appears also Kathy Westmoreland talking of her relationship with Elvis.), John ends his words with tears in his eyes and affirming proudly that he was honored to call Elvis his FRIEND.

He explains there how he met Elvis at Sun Records when he was nine years old and how respectfully and lovingly Elvis treated him, until Col. Parker came and was about to roughly send him out. Even then Elvis stopped the Col., saying "This is my friend John Wilkinson. He is teaching me some guitar", which little John was doing right there.

Elvis told John that he knew they were going to meet again, as it happened ten years after, when John was playing as a professional. :!:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]