It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: JOHN WILKINSON - NEEDS PRAYERS
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

JOHN has colon cancer. Please pray that he have no pain and be spared the turmoil and stress this can bring. Peace and smooth sailing to get through this trial that will be unlike any other. It sometimes is a death sentence, but not always and many times people do very good and live well for a long time. In Elvis' words, God's will be done. I know he will standing beside his "good friend" who "taught" him how to play guitar
better.
Thank you all, wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:18 pm 

I will keep him in my prayers.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

John is in my prayers too. Sending him a rain of LOVE's bubbles that will wrap him into the purest Light.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: I remember well
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

In a filmed clip of Elvis rehearsing with his band , I clearly remember when the camera moved to John's face that one could tell he was not happy because Elvis was fooling around with a Christmas song and used a touch of profanity. I believe I read later that John was very spiritual and he was not comfortable with people swearing. But still Elvis helped John and John helped Elvis. There was a bond between Elvis and his band that remained to the very end.
I pray that John will be able to fight this hard and come out on the side that is what the One above has determined the result to be--to stay on earth or to come home for John.
As you all know my husband is fighting a different kind of cancer and it will be the One above that makes the final decision about Walter.
Thank you for posting this Wanda.
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
John Wilkinson Takes A Sabbatical

John Wilkinson has asked ElvisMatters to inform the fans about his medical condition. As you may have read John was taken to the hospital for surgery. With John’s permission, we can now give you more details. John was diagnosed with colon-cancer. During surgery two weeks ago, the doctors took away his colon, and a tumor. In order to be 100% sure that all the cancer cells are removed, John starts with chemotherapy later this month. In the meantime, he’s home to rest and recuperate.

Given the circumstances, John has cancelled all performances for the next 14 months – maybe longer, if necessary. But John told us that, if he feels better after that period of time, he will be ‘available’ to the fans once again. To quote John: “I will not give up on the fans, for as long as I may live.” What his plans include after his sabbatical, is unsure. What matters now, is that he takes the rest he needs and deserves, and prepares himself for the chemotherapy that begins right after Christmas.

Just like it was before the surgery, we keep in close contact with John, and if there are developments, we will post the news – needless to say after checking with John first, or – like now – on his request. John will be kept informed on what’s happening in the Elvis world, but he’ll be ‘watching’ instead of ‘participating’.

Get well-cards for John are, of course, still very welcome at this address:

John Wilkinson / ElvisMatters
140 Postelarenweg
2400 Mol
Belgium.

ElvisMatters will deliver the cards to John personally in Springfield, MO in three weeks time.

Source: ElvisMatters / Updated: Dec 15, 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Laurie, that sounds pretty serious, so he has done what they wanted Elvis to do-remove the whole thing. As for chemo-well...
He's not real old yet, and maybe has not indulged in too many vices so maybe he can recouperate and hang in there. I pray that he will and it won't be a down hill road either. It through me when I read his address because I knew he was in Missouri, not far from where my grandma lived in the Ozarks...and where I spent lots of time with my Uncle near the Neosho River as a kid too. Maybe that's why I liked him the first time I spoke with him...he also tended to stay clear of the "other activities" some of the guys were into. Elvis liked him, I think he even kind of wished he were him a time or two as John could keep things together and on an even keel when all else was fanning the flames. Plus he never did anything to let Elvis down in any way...or create a scene about anything-even when he didn't get introduced-he knew Elvis was nervous and let it go.
Thanks again, I never go to other sites-so it means alot to have other people post things like this. bye, wjh

Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I will have a card ready to post on Wednesday so thank you for providing us with the address for John,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:49 pm 
This is really an uncanny experience for me. I feel kind of silly posting this because you might think I'm making it up! But here goes:

This morning a little while before I read this post for the first time, I was on the phone with my best friend, and we were talking about dreams. I was talking about how some dreams really affect me so strongly that my mood is changed for days or even weeks after them (as was the case with my Elvis dreams.) She already knows this about me, but I was marvelling aloud about it. Then I told her this (not perfectly remembered, but something just like this):

"Last week I had this dream that I was talking to John Wilkinson of all people. John is one of Elvis' guitar players and I have never paid any attention to him except that on one of the videos I have, you can see him watching Elvis play the piano. He looks nice, that was the extent of my impression. Well, in this dream, this fellow asked me out on a date!" (I'm happily married but fondly recall my dating days.) "And in my dream I was single so I said yes. I asked him if Elvis was coming and he looked at me very kindly and said not to ask that. So we went out and I just felt like there was so much love coming from this guy. We had a really deep connection. I woke up and couldn't stop thinking about John Wilkinson and feeling like I had gained some profound understanding of him. I've been thinking about him intently for days. I wonder what that whole thing was about? Because it was so intense and my dreams aren't always that intense."

I guess I found the answer to that now.

So of course I'll pray for John. I've been holding him in my heart for a week now...I feel like I know him! how funny is that.... and I'm not surprised in the least to learn from Wanda what a good man he is. I hope he is wise enough to use whatever medicines will be effective and not put his whole faith in western medicine alone. I'll pray that he finds the answers.

Best wishes to all of you.
Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:52 pm 
I'm sorry I missed that address! Thank you, I'll send a card.

:D

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next