It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

That was a nice dream Trish, I kind of got that feeling from John also, that he was kind, loving and had a big heart. Elvis didn't say much about the guys in his band other than to comment about something on stage or say this or that was doing something. He admired their talent and thought he had the best there was, and it hurt him when some of them moved on as he put it, piano players mainly. The others stuck it out he said, and he commented that he wasn't always "easy to get along with" and "tended to expect too much" But he was patient, and he admired that in others for "putting up with him". John did; Elvis liked that. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
A Word From John Wilkinson

John Wilkinson contacted ElvisMatters telling them how he's doing and thanking the fans for their support in these heavy times. Here's an email that John wants to share:

"Hi Peter. Hearing your voice on the phone gave me a much needed boost to my spirits! I've gotten very positive response to my decision to take a year or more off. I'll miss the active participation in the Elvis world, but it's finally time for Johnny to take care of Johnny! The very thought of cancer is scary no matter what kind it is. knowing that you love and care about me so much gives me a lot of strength. I've been through a lot in my life and come out a winner; I expect to do the same with this!"

Source: ElvisMatters / Updated: Dec 18, 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Laurie, it's great he can e-mail after such a thing-but maybe it was before the surgery. Total colon removal is bad business-and the end results are bothersome but people do make it through and do pretty good. Elvis couldn't bear the thought of it, he was one of those I guess, who just couldn't let that happen to him. Lots of people are that way, especially males...they can't be weak like that, you know. He could cry, he could sympathize and be humble, but he had to be strong, invinciable for his public and his family etc:. I'm glad that John wasn't one of them...he has a chance. I sure hope he has a doctor (s) who aren't afraid to try alternative measures to insure his best interest is served.
So many don't-especially in the "back woods" where he came from and I believe, still lives? I'm not sure if it's Nashville area now or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

My thoughts exactly but I'd say this too, "Go, Johnny Go; but be good doin' it! I wish his family the best and that they have a peaceful and good time this Holiday season just enjoying being. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

whenever I listen to "Early morning rain",which is one of my fav,of favourites, Mr.Wilkinson comes to my mind and I vision them Elvis singing a short version of the song,lookin right in his two guiarist's(Johnny and James) eyes with that loving expression on his face in 77 In Concert video..I always think of him as a shy, gentle man.Wish him the best..

For a heavenly cause

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2