It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:22 am 
Phoenix

Well I only just came across this thread and read the comments. I figured yeah we can't be too hard on Ginger.....UNTIL...I clicked on the auction link and found the left over cigar that Elvis smoked at Gingers parents house, which she then took out of the ashtray and "kept for sentimental reasons"...........sorry - sounds rather calculating to me :(

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/4904204

Surely, with all the jewellery and other gifts he gave her while always in his dressing room were sentimental enough......

Ahhhhhhh so hard to have those "positive" forgiving, and loving, vibes at times. My protective streak comes out! I feel he was taken advantage of by so many.....

Vera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Trezyours wrote:
........Ahhhhhhh so hard to have those "positive" forgiving, and loving, vibes at times. My protective streak comes out! I feel he was taken advantage of by so many.....

Oh I so relate to this feeling dear Trezyours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:40 am 
Site Admin

I try to think well of Ginger, she had a tough row to hoe there those last few months. The man was dying day by day, the tours were very rough and knowing Elvis he was probably not in the best of moods many times and he expected her to "look after him" but she was so young, so much was going on and it would have been a difficult thing. When he felt good I'm sure he was entertaining and fun, serious and loving but those times had to be few in that last tour and those last days. He knew what was going on and I believe knew he hadn't much time and so he was driven to get things done. She wasn't always there-sometimes he got angry that she had left him, made comments that he'd given her so much and she still wasn't understanding what he wanted from her. When he realized why he was attracted to her (looking for the past etc_ he knowingly I think pulled back some and yet he still wanted her company because it gave him something to do, someone to talk with, teach and have fun when he felt up to it. She says they never had sex, that he wanted to wait- well, he was sick and probably not physically or emotionally up to getting that involved, especially knowing he didn't have much time any way so he wouldn't want to "hurt her" because he said, that females were so much more commited than males and sex just became a "one sided love affair" and joked about that song should have been sung by a woman....but he "didn't know the difference" then.
I was a bit surprised at the things she is selling-perhaps she now needs the money and those times are so long ago - I am sure some things she would not sell. I am sure the estate will buy some of it-like his Rams Head necklace-and I hope the pages that he wrote about his life-I guess HE WAS seriously thinking about writing his story-so many told him he should, including me and then I think doing that little interview thing with me gave him confidence and let him see that he could do it-and he did say to Larry and Charlie that he wanted to and had the title. I so wish he'd had the time, but then if there weren't all the controversy about him, would we all be talking about him in such fashion as we do? All over the world? I think not...he would have just be come a memory and it needed all the confushion and even the nasty things, to keep what he was and was intended to be here on earth, alive, well and KICKING! From that standpoint, they all have their purpose and it is coming as it should.
I for one, really want to read those pages! I want to see if he was saying the same sort of things as he did to me on the questions...wouldn't that be something, if he got that far? I doubt he did, but it would be wonderful to be able to read what he wrote down. I can't wait for that!
As for Ginger, she had a place in his life, predistined and she fulfilled it and she made him happy most of the time. I heard him laughing with her, saying she was an Owl and he was a pig- that was so funny later but at the time I was pretty disgusted with his attitude. Still, it was just Elvis, so what could we expect! Funny stuff and off the wall humor! That's our boy. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:15 pm 
:D Hi Wanda I'm so Happy to see your Post, I wonder just how many Pages Elvis wrote? Shoot if it was only 2 pages would be Priceless to me. I wish she would let the Fans read them, well you Take Care! LovYa FairyTale! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:27 am 
Phoenix

I understand and respect what you are saying Wanda. I can appreciate the fact that Ginger may be selling some items for financial or other reasons. However, I can't help but question the fact she kept that cigar butt........with all her other treasures and memories how sentimental could the cigar butt be?.......will have to agree to disagree on this one I think.

By the way, I very much enjoyed seeing Starla's treasures. Very kind of her to share them with us!

Vera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:49 am 
Site Admin

Yes indeed dear Wanda "funny stuff and off the wall humor" that is most definitely our boy!! :wink: :D :D Thank you once again for your wonderful insights and your additional information about the relationship that Elvis had with Ginger. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:31 pm 
Owl

Lighthouseseeker wrote:
why do I feel as if he was in a position that closer people got to Elvis harder they understood him.I don't want to say I'd be a better friend to him but all his relations, male or female looked and felt like they were out of it all the time,wasting the real jewel in him ,just trying to collect the crumbs on the floor,while he was already made his whole life available to them..tiresome..

I can say from my heart and soul that I never wanted ANYTHING from Elvis but his friendship. He did give me things tho, a sweet or funny card, flowers, jewelry and poems written just for me. I never asked for anything and certainly never expected anything. I just loved talking to him, laughing with him, crying with him. I will treasure the things he gave me until the day I die. I will never part with anything. I, too have been in need of money sometimes, like Wanda, but would never part with anything Elvis ever gave me. The love he gave me was enough for me. I don't think about Ginger at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

aawwww Joanna!! I'm so sorry if I offended you :( , but my angry words were not for you or Wanda or a few who generally unknown to Elvis world yet were true friends to him...me and my big mouth.. :oops: :roll: love'n hugs..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:26 am 
Owl

It's ok. I guess I'm very protective of Elvis, and our friendship. I wasn't offended, I just wanted people to know that there were some people in his life that truly loved him. You are right tho, there were many who pretended to care, just to get what they could. I think he was aware of that, and I believe that is why he cherished friendships like his and Wanda's, and Starla, me, and a few lucky, blessed others. Don't worry, I'm not upset. I actually feel sorry for Ginger. She was so busy getting "things" from Elvis, that she missed getting to know the real man, the loving man; his kindness, humor, fears, spirituality. He was a blessing in my life, a gift from God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Joanna, Elvis was also blessed by having been able to share TRUE friendship and Love ......from YOU!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 2 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next