It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

thanks Joanna,but one thing is sure,I won't be feeling well or healed for a long time :( .actually you were not in my mind when I said what I said and for sure in a foreign language I can't always exactly explain what I really feel..but I was mad enough to forget being careful..reading about the stuff on sale, I can't find any reasonable reason for this.. Ginger did though.. :roll:

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Wellll...I have a cigar butt....that he smoked when I first met him...and it's in a jar, sealed up and believe me...it ain't for sale! I have to tell you this though...he gave it to me...as if he thought I wanted it! I hadn't even considered taking it... He lit it up in his dressing trailer...we discussed him smoking and he said he didn't do it out in public because he didn't want kids smoking because he did etc:... he didn't smoke it down much, it kind of just was a prop, more than smoking it. Back on the set he put it out on the ground, looked around for what I thought was somewhere to throw it away...but no, he was looking to see if anyone wanted it! So he gave it to me...never entered my mind to "want it" but he didn't realize that at all...I mean, people wanted anything he touched-right? He just did what he was used to doing...for the fans. As for Ginger's cigar...maybe she did keep it for sentimental reasons...who knows...only her...however, there will be fans out there, collectors who will jump to buy it...and will treasure it for ever too....strange what people do.
I don't know Ginger's heart or thinking or anything, but I do know I wouldn't want to be her then or now- I don't think I could have made it through those days...especially if I truly had loved the man and then he died just a few feet from me...unheard and alone. It had to be a hellish thing to get past- But perhaps she wasn't truly in love with him, truly attached in spirit and heart...I hope that is the way it was-for her sake really.
I have heard from different ones, Ed Parker for one, that Elvis was "done with her" but I think that Elvis let her stay because he knew it wasn't going to be long and he'd be gone anyway. It was easier than "rippling his pond" or "changing horses in mid stream" as his friend put how Elvis felt, he thought. Sounds like Elvis, especially in those times. He wanted peace and happiness and didn't like things stirred up. But he was planning to hook up with another woman, and had her picked out...in case he did get a "reprieve" and be able to make his health better. Elvis was always a hopeful one, looked for the brighter picture, the better way and he didn't give up on that ever. I wish I could be more like that myself.
Like he said though, Until we walk in that man's (woman's) shoes...etc:"
I try to remember that-I fail to -alot though. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Sarena wrote:
Joanna, Elvis was also blessed by having been able to share TRUE friendship and Love ......from YOU!!!!

AMEN dear Sarena!!! :D :D

JoAnna wrote:
........I actually feel sorry for Ginger. She was so busy getting "things" from Elvis, that she missed getting to know the real man, the loving man; his kindness, humor, fears, spirituality.

I also say AMEN to this as well sweet JoAnna because it seems that Ginger was so worried about EARTHLY gems that she lost sight of and missed out on all of the MANY gems of the HEART that Elvis had to offer in abundance!! :( :( Wanda my dear angel you are not alone in your attempts to try and "walk a mile." :wink: :P That is actually proving to be a great struggle in my own life as well. :oops: :roll: I guess all we can do is try not to trip over our shoelaces as we continue on that "walk." :wink: :P :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:14 pm 
Owl

Lighthouseseeker wrote:
thanks Joanna,but one thing is sure,I won't be feeling well or healed for a long time

Oh, please don't say that. I don't want you to feel ill or bad. I want you to always feel well and be healed. I will feel bad, if I have hurt you in any way. You are in my prayers. Please be well and be happy. Love from my heart to yours, JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:18 pm 
Joanna when you said you were Blessed in having the times you did in Talking to Elvis, YOU TRULY WERE! I HAVE KICKED MYSELF! MANY, MANY TIMES in the Time I wasted in my LIFE when I never Seen Elvis in Person! I Never when to Graceland when he was still there. But even though those times are gone, I feel some Better in knowing that I have Found this Wonderful Group and I have gotten to know The True Elvis! The Man! Thank You Joanna for Sharing Your Special Time with Us with Elvis! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:46 pm 
Site Admin

FairyTale wrote:
Thank You Joanna for Sharing Your Special Time with Us with Elvis! FairyTale!

A BIG AMEN from little ol' me on this too dear FairyTale!!!! :D :D :D Sweet JoAnna, my heartfelt thanks to you also for sharing this special part of your beautiful heart with us!!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:56 pm 
Sun Dial

If you listen to this link I am providing from Elvis2001.net, you will hear Nancy Rooks saying that Elvis wasn't going to marry Ginger and that Ginger and her family were only after his money. She said Elvis told her that he had spent $60,000 on her.

On August 16th sometime from midnight and when he died they had a tiff because Ginger didn't want to go on tour until the next night. He told her that if she didn't go the first night then she wasn't to go at all. Nancy also said that she knows who the people were that stole Elvis' things after he died, but she wasn't naming names. This makes my blood boil. :x

It was a very enlightening interview. I could listen to her for hours on end.

http://www.elvis2001.net/dick%20grob%20 ... 0krein.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

I bet she does know who- and it wasn't just Ginger taking things she felt was "hers".... there were others too. And they know who they were!
Funny, I don't think it gave them much comfort even now-

It's true that Elvis was ready to be done with Ginger- he had plans, he wished he could fulfill them but in that last month and a half, I think he knew it wasn't going to happen, he wasn't going to get well and he would have to make some major health decisions if he even thought he could have a future- He said he wanted to change things, get rid of the Colonel and take a year off to rest and get well and get away from the stress and turmoil of touring and etc: and just have his little girl with him and yes, he had another young lady in mind to include- but he wanted to "clean up my act" he said, get himself in better health and he said, "Gawd 'm only 42...this shouldn't be happenin' now!" He said he had cut back on almost everything until he was only "takin' what I have to take to stay alive" and I believe that...he was certainly NOT bombed out of his mind when I saw him last- nor was he in Vegas either! He was doing good right up until the last week in Vegas and then he did a super New Years Eve show- we knew people who were there and they loved it saying he was in great voice and he was on for a long time. So I really think he had bad news and he didn't find anyone (medical people) who could give him answers he wanted to hear- things just went down hill fast after that... but it was his time. And like he said, "When it's your time- ain't nothin' gonna stop it but God - and He ain't likely to change His mind!" Right on. wjh

Post subject: Fairytale
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

If Elvis had ever given me something I could never part with it. I am glad that Wanda has never stooped to the likes of some who sold all of the gifts that he gave to them and/or things they took on their own and it is like Wanda says in that Elvis does not care but it brings out the "mother lion" in me when I read about yet another person making money off of all of Elvis' work, but that is just this mom and this grandma's feelings!!!
Be safe all.
Always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 3 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3