It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:01 pm 
Well, let´s risk it Trish! The kidnapping I mean :wink: !

Great you liked Bavaria, because that´s where I live! An hour away from Munich in a beautiful little city called Kempten, close to the Austrian border. And don´t you bother learning German, I think it sounds ugly and the grammar doesn´t always make sense :D . I would have no objections to move to an English speaking country though, I love the US and also Australia. I started learning English even before it became and official subject in school (5th grade), because I´ve always loved it.

You cracked me up again with wanting to put your husband in a silk shirt "TTWII style" :lol: ! I would LOVE my husband to wear one and he did dress in some very nice (ONE-COLORED) shirts when he was younger UNTIL he became a mad windsurfer and now he prefers torn T-Shirts. It´s torture for him that he has to dress up in a suit for his job once in a while, he absolutely hates it.

And talk about compulsive, when I really like something like a book or a movie I have to read and watch it over and over and over again. My brother is just the same, so I´m not the only weirdo in my family :D . Good you mentioned Elvis in that context, makes me really feel good about this quirk of mine :lol: !

I don´t know if Speedway is any good, if then exclusively because of Elvis :wink: . I´m afraid my husband likes it rather because of the cars... Sweetheart! I haven´t seen so many Elvis movies, only what´s up on youtube.

How did you discover Elvis in 2006???

Honey, please feel free to PM me :D .

Love
Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:23 pm 
OK I will! :D

I'm out of time here today, and may not get back on the computer until Monday. Can't wait to get back to this fascinating conversation though. Obviously I am SOOOOOO jealous about where you live!!!!

Hope you have a great weekend...will write soon! :D

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:16 pm 
Happy Easter and talk to you soon! :D

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi, Trish and Ingrid, I cannot resist the temption and add some things to your conversation......
When I was 19 years old in 1982/83 I used to spend many nights with my friend Lisa watching TTWII 4 times in a row (on video) and we had such a great time!!!!! After some time we had watched it over 80 times and we made a book of the film which took us about one year.....happy memories!!!!!
Trish, I live in Munich and next time you come, please visit me!!!!!!!!

Have a happy Easter!!! :D :D :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:40 pm 
Hi Sarena, it´s great to hear that there are more lovely crazy people out there :D ! Your tape must have fallen apart after that! Do you still have it or have you switched to DVD :wink: ?

Happy Easter to you too!

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Is it ok if I come on in to the conversation here and readily admit that I can be counted among the crazies too?? :wink: :P :D Whenever I watch TTWII it's never just once---it's GOT to be at least a few times in a row!! :wink: :P :lol: Actually, I'm afraid I have to confess fully here and say that sometimes I even watch the same scene over and over because Elvis showed so many different nuances during each part that you can't help but enjoy it!!! :D :D :D Oh and I just LOVE those beautiful silk shirts that he wore throughout the film too!! :wink: :D :D One time when I was watching this I asked my husband honey, would you consider wearing a shirt like that for me some time?" Without missing a beat, my adorable husband said" sweetie on me it would just be a shirt, but on Elvis it was PURE COOL STYLE!!!" :D :D :lol: Oh and Trish, Speedway is a pretty good movie and I loved watching Nancy and Elvis together, but also there was some great humor and fun that went on with Bill Bixby and Elvis too!!! :wink: :D :D I think you'd enjoy it!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:36 am 
Oh great, another one, Mary :wink: ! I totally agree with your husband, but I have to admit I would like to see my husband in one of those nice pants Elvis wore during rehearsals for TTWII... Not in this life I guess :D :D !

Off to celebrate Easter with my family now!
My eggs are golden this year thanks to golden powder eye shadow no one could wear on their eyes anyway :lol: !

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Your tape must have fallen apart after that! Do you still have it or have you switched to DVD Wink ?

.....yes, I switched, but I keep the old one also!!!! :D :wink:

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!! :hello: :hug:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:35 pm 
Ingrid wrote:
Oh great, another one, Mary :wink: !

RIGHT!!! Join our little club :D

I also wanted to say here that I use TTWII for "therapy" after I've seen a bad movie or something that just puts out negative energy on the TV set. I put Elvis on to cleanse the vibrations in the room, so to speak :wink: It always works :D (as if you had any doubts :wink: :lol:)

Sarena, I am so happy for you that you live in that little paradise of Munich. I would be more than happy to come visit you! :D Thanks! It just might take me about 20-30 years to be able to get there. Hopefully ELC will last that long and we'll still be in touch! :D We can watch TTWII together maybe? And Ingrid, if she's still nearby, can come?

Also, I wanted to make this correction to what I posted above: I'm bad with dates, but I realize it was incorrect for me to say I paid no attention to Elvis before 2006. My real interest started with a vivid dream I had about him around 2003. I know it doesn't really matter, but I didn't want to lie accidentally. :oops: :D

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

Golden Sky wrote:
RIGHT!!! Join our little club :D

Thanks for welcoming me and allowing me to join in your little club Trish my dear friend!! :wink: :P :D I must say that it's a very warm and cozy club to be a part of!! :wink: :P :D I, too, love the idea of using TTWII as "therapy!!" :wink: :D :D No better "therapy" than our dear Elvis right girls??? :wink: :D :D Please allow me to pass on the love and extend the welcome into our little club to you too Sue my sweet angel!!! :wink: :D :D Ain't it just a great place to be?? :wink: :P :D I love it!!! :D :D Best wishes to you too hon and I hope that you're having a great day too and that all is well with your new job!!! :D :D :D

Page 3 of 4 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next