It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Colored Letters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:42 pm 
:?: I'm not able to add colors to my letters on here when I post, and I was wondering if anyone knew why? I would appreciate any help on this, Thanks FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:05 am 
Site Admin

I'm so sorry I just now came across your post asking for help dear FairyTale. :oops: :oops: As to why your letters aren't showing up in color, is it that you have tried to do this and it's not working for you(meaning a technical problem of some kind? :? ) or is it that you do not know how to make them show up in color? :? If it's a tech. problem of some sort, please let me know and I'll see if there's anything I can do on that end about it. :) If it's that you don't know how, here are the few easy steps you need to know in order to do this:

-highlight with your mouse whatever words or letters you'd like to colorize

- right click your mouse and choose "copy"

-go to the drop down Font color box and choose whatever color or colors you are wanting to use and........VOILA!!! :D :D

Your words or letters should now be colorized!!! :wink: :D :D I hope this helps you out a little bit dear angel. :wink: :D If you need any more help, or if there's anything else I can do please just let me know. :wink: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:24 pm 
[b] Well Shoot I tried what you said to do Mari, but it didn't work. Its proabaly this old version of windows I'm using, but you and Sue are so Sweet to Help. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well I'll throw in my 2 cents worth here. FairyTale, I have an older version of Windows too, and unlike Mari, I do not need to right click/copy. All I do is use the left click highlight thing with the mouse and then pick which font color I want.

One thing I noticed, though, is that within the same post, I can not pick the same color twice in a row. I have to alternate and then manually type in the color's name, but that doesn't happen too often.

And by the way, there are many more colors available to use than what is shown in the font color box. I've had fun experimenting with different color names to see what works and what doesn't. You have to manually overtype the color's name though. I'm using one of my favorites here in this paragraph -- hotpink. What you would do is pick any color in the drop down color box and then type over that name with a different color.

One more thing which crossed my mind, FairyTale, is make sure your profile allows for colors to show. I don't know if there is an option there for that but might be worth checking to be sure.

PS: FairyTale, I love your avatar!!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:43 am 
Site Admin

You are very welcome!!! :D :D :D Always glad to try and be of some help whenever I can. :wink: :P :D :D I'm just sorry that it didn't work for you dear FairyTale. :( Sweet Laurie I've also noticed that you can't use the same color twice in a row, but I never knew that there are more colors to use than what is shown in the font color box. Thanks so much for the tip my dear friend!! :wink: :P :D :D FairyTale I'll double check your profile to make sure that it allows for colors to show. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:23 pm 
:D Thanks Mari and Laurie, I tried what you do Laurie and it still didn't work. O well Thanks for the Great Tips! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Fantastic tip on colors, Laurie! :P

But where do you find the names for other colors, like "hot pink"? :shock:

Do you go to this link below I've just found?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa358802(VS.85).aspx

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda Viola wrote:
But where do you find the names for other colors, like "hot pink"? :shock:

Amanda, I never used a link. I just did it by trial and error. Was fun doing it even the long way. I am fascinated by colors so couldn't resist I suppose. Thanks for the link but I can not get the contents of the page to show. Must take up too much memory for my computer.

Here is a list though of colors not listed in the drop down box which I have found to work. Some don't show up well, of course, so rarely use them.

seagreen
green (not the same as "lime" which is listed in the drop down box as green)
darkgreen
forestgreen
limegreen (not the same as "lime")
lightgreen
palegreen
lightyellow
wheat
tan
khaki
gold
goldenrod
darkgoldenrod
darksalmon
salmon
coral
chocolate
darkorange
orangered
maroon
hotpink
pink
purple
plum
orchid
magenta
darkorchid
darkviolet
blueviolet
mediumblue
royalblue
lightblue
aqua
aquamarine
turquoise
darkturqoise
teal
lavender (this one looks rather white but there's actually the tiniest hint of light purple)
gray
silver

There may be others which I have forgotten to list. There were some colors I had expected to show which did not, such as peach or rose.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:40 am 
Site Admin

WOW!! :o So many different and pretty colors to choose from!! :wink: :D Thanks so much for posting them for us to use dear Laurie!! :D :D I tried what you said to do in your earlier post about choosing a color already listed in the drop down font color box and typing the name of a different color over it, but it didn't work for me. :( I'll try and give it another go later when my brain is a little more awake. :wink: :P :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

For anyone else who had trouble getting Amanda's link to work,
here is another one I found.
Scroll down past the numbered colors to get to the "named colors".

The colors I used above were mediumvioletred, sandybrown, & tomato.

Here is the link: http://gotomy.com/color.html

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next