It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: just watched
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello family,

I have just completed watching, for the first time, the 1977 CBS tapes filmed in June of 1977. The Elvis I watched and listened to was beautiful, loving and generous. His God given spirit is there and anyone who admires and or loves only the young 1960s Elvis; are those who want these tapes never sold. I have wanted to see Elvis' last time on stage for many years. The Elvis story is incomplete, at least for me, without these concerts and that voice and smile not included.
I cried and I laughed and I also loved every second of the filmed tapes.
One either loves Elvis unconditionally or, to me, they do not fully understand why Elvis was sent here from the One above.
I hope that CBS redoes the tapes on DVD so we can all see Elvis sing and reach the bridge of "Unchained Melody" less than 2 months before the One above came and swooped him up and took him back to his first home where no pain exists.
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Dearest Marjorie I am so glad that you loved watching the 1977 CBS tapes!!! :wink: :D I so agree with you that The Elvis Story is incomplete without these concerts. They show that even when things were sadly and unfortunately at their worst for our dear, sweet Elvis, that is when his beautiful and self-less inner light of God's love shined at its best and brightest!!!! :D :D Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful thoughts about this with us dear angel!! :wink: :D :D

Post subject: sad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is sad, to me, that so many Elvis fans do NOT want the 1977 taped special out for sale. These must be people who did not love Elvis----no matter what?????
I watched Aloha today and his smile---thus my user name---is beautiful and he worked hard, too hard, to please his fans by giving the concert all he had to give.
I suspect we shall never know of a man like Elvis again in this life,
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:18 am 
Site Admin

You are so right dear FairyTale--Elvis' smile in Aloha is absolutely beautiful and he most certainly did work so very hard to please his fans by giving that wonderful show his all and THEN SOME!!! :wink: :D :D Sadly, I agree with the other part of your post too--we probably will never know of a man as precious or special as Elvis again in this life. :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:28 pm 

When I saw this show and had heard that people thought it was terrible, etc. I asked myself if we had watched the same show. He was amazing. Nothing else to say.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:31 pm 
I sometimes do Wish the Last Concerts were released, because to me they show A Very Human side of Elvis, and it also shows his Bravery. I don't know of any other Singer that would go on Stage when they knew they didn't look as they Should, and do the things on Stage that Elvis use to do. There for a While I didn't want the Last Concerts Showed because of the Negative Talk that would come. But now since I have been here at ELC, and not only me but everyone else here knows the reason for Elvis looking and acting like he did in those Last Concerts. The Negative and Bad Talk wouldn't Bother me now, just like you all said if you Truly Love Elvis it doesn't matter what he looked like or Acted. Because we all can See the Real Elvis not just a Image. :wink: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I remember when I watched the CBS -Concert on TV in 1978. I remember what a GREAT IMPACT it had on me! It was unbelievable! At that time I hadn't seen much of Elvis before. There was so much POWER coming from him in a positive way! It was sad, beautiful and beyond words...... :roll:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I agree with all of the things you all say and said-it was amazing that this man, vain as he was, ego out to here as he'd say, holding his arm fully extended in front of him, and that ego is what "we thought we felt" when he came up etc;...and yet, he lay it all down and went out with his heart before him and did his "thing" with all the power and spirit in him.
People who were there cried for him, but most didn't let him know that according to a few who were in those front seats-they let him see the joy and how much they appreciated his efforts...and I think he did see that-and it kept him going out there with his head up and his heart in his hands.
He said, "I just asked God to give me the strength to look past ma self and He did...." When I asked him how he could do that feeling so badly...he was totally humble and open about it. Nothing snide, or self centered or even any big pride ...just the "facts, ma'am" kind of thing.

I hope someday to be able to watch it and not think about the things I think of...if I can just see it and not "go back" then it will be a great thing again...

wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:50 pm 
There is one part that really stood out for me, and that is when I think James was Playing Johnny b. Good and Elvis was trying all he could to do some dancing to the Music, and I could tell by the look on his Precious Face that he was in Pain. But he never gave in to the Pain, and thats when I really Lost it. What I hope the Most is that Hopefully people have read Wanda's Books by the Time if and when they do put the Last Concerts out, that people well realise the Truth and see Elvis as he should be seen in these Last Concerts. FairyTale!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]