It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Correction on Cause of Death/STIGMA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It has taken my heart this long to be able to finally talk about my youngest brother, Dennis. He did have physical and emotional HEART problems but that is not what killed him. Dennis had a heart that was broken. At age 49 Dennis Hung himself.
He had a horrific 'wedded life' of 30 years. He had been injured in 2001 and over the ensuing years he slowly began to believe that he was not worth much to anyone.
The STIGMA of suicide is still so embedded in society that I just could not bring myself to write those words until today.
He was baptized a few months before his death and a few weeks before his death he had hands on him at church and he was "cured" of a stuttering problem that was a result, too, of the 2001 accident.
I do firmly believe that the One above has Dennis now and I know that there is no more pain for Dennis.
I learned today that Dennis did try to reach out for help but the 2 people he called did not answer their phones.
He is in the beautiful light now and I am now at peace with his death and his choice to leave us.
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for trusting us with your brother's tribulation. It's okay to need time to collect your thoughts about such things and it's okay to share them also. Life hands us some really tough events, but God always stands beside us through them all, we just have to remember to take His hand and let Him show the way. That's hard to do, especially when one's heart is broken as yours has been as well as your Dennis' .
I was at that point in time when barely 15 years old...at any age we get there sometimes when we are over run with emotional and physical pains...I still believe we have the right to choose---that's called free will and God gave us all that and the right to make our own choices, hoping of course we would choose to serve our Lord but sometimes, the human spirit isn't strong enough after having been worn down for so long a time-
most of the time the body is worn out...with age-but sometimes I think the spirit can be worn out with stress and emotional pain too...and then we feel the need to go... Don't worry, now he is free and understands and it's okay to let it go everyone of you, be free. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I am now at peace with his death and his choice to leave us.

Dear Marjore, I am glad that you could take the step and talk about your dear brother and that you feel peace! I also agree with Wanda!
We really do good not to judge anything but just be a witness and grow ever more in understanding. We only behold a small part of the whole picture with our limited consciousness, God alone KNOWS what everyone needs and what is the motive behind our deeds. Let us send Dennis our LOVE and may we be assured he is wrapped in God's loving arms.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:22 am 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Thank you for trusting us with your brother's tribulation. It's okay to need time to collect your thoughts about such things and it's okay to share them also. Life hands us some really tough events, but God always stands beside us through them all, we just have to remember to take His hand and let Him show the way. That's hard to do, especially when one's heart is broken as yours has been as well as your Dennis' .
I was at that point in time when barely 15 years old...at any age we get there sometimes when we are over run with emotional and physical pains...I still believe we have the right to choose---that's called free will and God gave us all that and the right to make our own choices, hoping of course we would choose to serve our Lord but sometimes, the human spirit isn't strong enough after having been worn down for so long a time-
most of the time the body is worn out...with age-but sometimes I think the spirit can be worn out with stress and emotional pain too...and then we feel the need to go... Don't worry, now he is free and understands and it's okay to let it go everyone of you, be free. wjh

I echo all of the sweet words of comfort which you so beautifully gave to our dearest Marjorie here Wanda my dear friend. :) Sweet Marjorie I, too, would like to thank you for trusting us with what was within your heart, and please know that like Wanda said it is more than ok to need to take as much time as you need to sort out all of your thoughts. :) Also like Wanda said, Dennis is free now and in the loving arms of our Lord. Please continue to have peace in your heart my dear friend and know that we are always here for you whenever and however you need us to be. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:35 pm 
Sarena wrote:
We really do good not to judge anything but just be a witness and grow ever more in understanding. We only behold a small part of the whole picture with our limited consciousness, God alone KNOWS what everyone needs and what is the motive behind our deeds. Let us send Dennis our LOVE and may we be assured he is wrapped in God's loving arms.[/color]

This is so true! And Marjorie, I'm so glad that you been perfectly forgiving and loving of your brother from the first mention you made of his passing. It is an enlightened perspective to have, and I'm so grateful you have that. Thank you for trusting us with your sensitive story. You know our hearts are with you, and that we keep your family in our prayers.

Love and sympathy,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:18 pm 
AMEN TO ALL THAT AS BEEN SAID LADIES, I KNOW ALL TO WELL HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO LET GO OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN WEIGHING US DOWN. I TO FELT IT WAS TIME TO TELL EVERYONE ABOUT MY CHILDHOOD, I KNOW THAT MY SITUATION WELL NEVER BE SUCH A HEARTACHE AS YOURS. BUT I REALLY FEEL THAT THE LORD LEAD YOU TO TELL US ABOUT YOUR BROTHER, THAT YOU CAN KNOW WE ARE FAMILY HERE AND WHEN ONE OF US ARE HURTING AND NEED SOMEONE TO LEAN ON WE HERE AT ELC ANSWER THEIR CALL. SO PLEASE MARJORIE DON'T FEEL AS THOUGH YOU ARE ALONE BECAUSE YOUR NOT, AND I WELL PRAY TO THE LORD TO KEEP YOU IN HIS LOVING CARE. :love: FairyTale!

Post subject: in spite of
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

In spite of or despite all that has happened, I am so much more at peace knowing I have a beautiful and loving family here at ELC.
I wish, sometimes, we could all meet in a physical sense but so many of you I feel close to, I feel I know you and have no need to meet in person. Your writings are filled with love and peace and that is what is important. Trust. Love. Peace. Words to live by and that is for sure.
Thank YOU all so much for just being here.
Love,
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:08 pm 
:D Thank You Marjorie for your Kind Words, I to Feel Close to you and to EveryOne here at ELC! :love: :love: FairyTale!

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]