It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Nice shirt! Great you have a pal that likes him too! That gives you some one to have fun with and enjoy the music etc: together! Always good to have a fellow conspirator to do things with! You two look like friends to me. You're looking good kid, your hair looks shiny and nice so you must be feeling better- our hair tells how our health is - darn tattle tale stuff!
And the nails too, mine are spliting off and won't grow at all these days.
Can't figure out what happened...they started doing that when I had the eye medication that was steroid stuff...and never stopped even though I haven't had that in quite a while now. Crazy nails!
Best of luck with your new friendship JulieSharonRose! Can't have a better "glue" than Elvis! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:39 pm 
Dragon

How fun!!! You guys must have had alot to talk about :wink: Btw, I've always wanted to visit England.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie, what a lovely picture of you & your penpal. :D Is she also from England?
What else can you tell us about her? When & how did you first meet her, in written form that is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

What a beautiful picture Julie my dear angel! :D :D Thank you so much for sharing it with us!! :D :D I really LOVE the t-shirt you're wearing in the picture too!! :wink: :D Count me in as being really happy for you too that you have a friend that likes Elvis too, and someone that you can enjoy his wonderful music with and have fun with !! :wink: :D I wholeheartedly agree with oue dear Wanda-you both do like friends and you honestly can't have a better "glue" than our dear Elvis!! :D :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:37 pm 
Owl

That's great Julie and nice to see a photo of you

I have a friend that use to be a pen pal.Started writing to her around 1985 or 86.Lost contact with her for a few years then she wrote to me again.We keep in touch through email and msn now.I have met her a few times and she is such a lovely person.I could not have asked for a better friend.Oh and she's an Elvis fan too

TCE
Lorraine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm 
Hi Julie Lovely Picture of you Elvis Gals, I was going to suggest getting your Friend to join us here at ELC. I also Never what to Come UNGLUED! like the Song says I'M STUCK ON YOU ELVIS! Love the Shirt to Julie, I have always wanted an Elvis Shirt. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:55 am 

Dear Julie:

I am so sorry what has happened between you and your "friend". Sometimes there are circumstances we do not know and other times it is just that persons "problem". It sounds like she is very controlling and one of the things you said is she wanted you to move out? This is not a statement that she should have made to you and that you should also throw out everything she gave you. Julie, for right now I think you are better off without your friend. Perhaps down the line things will change.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:26 am 
Site Admin

Oh sweet Julie Sharon-Rose I too am so very sorry about what has happened between you and your "friend." :( You have such a loving heart and you surely didn't deserve the way she treated you my dear friend. I can relate to how you are feeling because I am going through a similar situation with my friend and her daughter(the ones that I've previously mentioned that my family and I went to visit a few weeks ago.) In some ways I was closer to her daughter that even she was, and then very shortly after we came home everything just changed and no one has told me why!! :o :( Now her daughter isn't talking to me at all and my friend is being very evasive and distant with me. :? :( You called it right dear Julie when you said that you were going to pray for your "friend" and I am following your good example and doing the same thing in my case and maybe there will be happier times ahead for both of us!! :D :D You will be in my prayers as well dear angel!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Julie, I'm so sorry you've had such an awful experience wth your penpal friend. People who get easily offended tend to have a lot resentment/unforgiveness built up over the years. It causes them to be embittered, feeling the need to judge others in order to feel superior & to justify their own hyper critical spirit. She seems to have done is so long that she is unaware of what she is doing.

Another thing too, her expectation of you acting more excited than you were & then her resulting disappointment comes I think from someone who deep down does not like herself. She had hopes that you were going to fill her souls emptiness. But no one can do that. Only God can repair her soul. Jesus says judge not lest ye be judged. By judging you she effectively judged herself by pushing a kind and wonderful friend out of her life. Your light may have been a threat to her too.

At any rate, you are right, she needs prayer. If she ever were to understand & become aware of what she was doing, she could put a stop to her negative thinking. There is always hope. But you were right to let her go. No sense enabling her & feeding her demons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:53 am 
A MEN BLUE MOON!

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next