It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: a story to make you smile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Our son sent me an email about something Gavin tried and once I was completed reading it I printed it off so Walter could read it and then I put it in Gavin's memory book that he will get at about age 20. I have one I work on, too, for Hayden.
At any rate. Yesterday at naptime Gavin did not want to take his nap because he wanted to go to his new friend's swimming pool so he said to his mom "I have a deal for you, mommy." Katie asked what the deal was. Gavin said "How about if I take my nap in my swimming suit and then I will be ready to go back and swim when I wake up?" :) :D Katie said that would be fine. Then Gavin said "Mommy I have another deal for you. How about if I use Luke's swimming pool for my bed to take my nap in?" :D Katie kissed him and tucked him in.
Walter thought the thought process was so amazing from a not yet 4 year old, that Katie should have given in. I told Walter it made me laugh but had I been there I would have hugged and kissed him and tucked him in for his nap just like Katie did.
Gavin is not yet 4 going on 40. Sometimes his ability to make connections from one idea to another amazes me, too. :D :D
A light moment in my grandma world.
We are going to make the 4 hour trip to see the boys on my 57th birthday which is Thursday and stay and come home on Sunday so I will probably not post until we are back from there except for now and tomorrow and Thursday morning. Being "faraway grandma" does require this grandma to make the trip at least a half dozen times a year and they come home here when they can.
always with love,
73smile :D

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

What a sweet and precious story Marjorie my dear friend!! :wink: :D :love: It made my heart smile reading it! :wink: :D I always find it so truly amazing to see how a child's thought process works, and how alot of times(much like your precious Gavin :wink: ) they can come across logically as being so much older than their actual age !! :P :wink: :D Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! :wink: :D Since I'm not going to be near a computer on Thursday please allow me to wish you a very Happy Birthday dear angel!! :bday: :wink: :D May it be a day filled with lots of LOVE, LIGHT AND LAUGHTER and may it bring you all of the happiness that you so richly deserve!!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Your Gavin is sooo bright, Marjorie! My heart was alighted after reading your tale. What a happiness to have him around...! He has his inner Master Being very close to the surface. Certainly adults will have a lot to learn from him.

And this a wonderful opportunity to wish you the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY OF ALL! :P :P

When blowing off the candles, I can guess which is gonna to be the wish of your heart. Image Know that -in that instant- I'll back you from far away, yet so close in feeling...

LOVE,

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: a thank you
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for the birthday wishes. :) Getting older does not bother me. I believe that MOST of us get wiser, we are more content, and we make sure to take more quality time to take in a beautiful sun setting or watching a sailboat out in the river. I will have a happy, happy day because spending time with the "grandbabes" is a special gift from the One above. Instead of asking for anything for my birthday I told Walter I wanted to get something for Gavin and Hayden. I was quite surprised when Jeff emailed to say Gavin wants a play stove and that Hayden will get to taste all of Gavin's recipes!!
Giving brings me so much more pleasure than getting a material gift. Making memories that the "grandbabes" will remember after I have reached my spiritual place to be is the very best part of this world for me.
always with love,
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

That is a beautiful sweet story Marjorie thank you for sharing it with us!! :D :D

I hope you have a great and wonderful Happy Happy Birthday!! :D :D

Talia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:bday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MARJORE!!!!!

And thank you for sharing the sweet story about Gavin with us!!!! :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:04 pm 
Image Yes it sure sounds as though your Grandson is really something else, and I Hope Your Birthday is as Special as you are Marjorie! :love:

Post subject: what a
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Fairytale: That is so beautiful. The talented artistic skills that our family here never ceases to amaze me and thank you all for your good wishes.
The time with the "grandbabes" was a wonderful time. Gavin really enjoyed being surprised with the kitchen. Mari: It is so easy to see that you know what I was trying to say----maybe being a granma is better because I can have all time I get with the boys to observe things that as a busy mom I never seemed to have time for. Hayden follows his big brother everywhere and it will be nice for them both to have each other to grow up with and to be with a mom and dad who love them so very much.
I am blessed and I never ever lose sight of that.
always with love,
73smile

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]