It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: as Memorial Day approaches.......
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

America will honor/celebrate Memorial Day this weekend. I can not help thinking about the intense patriotic feelings that Elvis displayed when he was drafted during peace time and after he was discharged with honor. Elvis did what was asked to do whereas today a 'star' would probably not go if drafted unless he or she HAD TO---i.e., could not "buy" a NOT serving promise by donating money to certain areas/people in charge in America.
I love this country but I feel great sorrow and sadness when I think of the people in charge and how they have ruined so much of what Elvis loved. He felt honored to serve his country and he WANTED to tour many countries in the globe after he was out of the army.
Elvis helped to raise the most money to have, I believe, the U.S.S. Arizona project completed. He did not do it for publicity. Elvis did it because he wanted to give back to the country that had given him so much pride and honor. Elvis, from so much of what I have read, was a very humble and a very patriotic man and his spirit was pure always because he was there to help to give a hand out to a cause or to a single person.
I had 10 brothers and 4 sisters from my birth family. 8 of my brothers and a sister served in the military. The veterans group included the sons my mother and father had first together--- the 'boys' who were the oldest such as Robert who was born in 1932 and he was drafted to the Conflict in Korea. Another brother, who was stationed in Germany, asked to go to Viet Nam and he did. Another brother was drafted to Viet Nam when his wife filed for a divorce and reported it to the county draft board. Before he knew it my brother was in California for basic traing in the Marines and then he spent a year crawling on his belly in the jungles there, at age 25, and he was scared every minute of every single day. The others served at times of Conflicts and or peace. A sister served 4 years in the navy which is where she met her husband who was also in the navy.
Walter could not serve because he has been deaf in one ear since birth.
We believed in what America was then: a nation envied and honored around the globe. Now it is the 'people in charge' who have caused the world to hate the American government---not its ordinary citizens but the government since 2000.
As we see the flags we will think of Elvis and also my brothers and a sister and so many millions of others who served America in the military.
I know that all of us here love our country and we may visit a grave of a person who served or who has passed in other ways who was loved by us.
I am thankful to the One above that we are still here as I type this for our ELC family and I am thankful that HE took care of Elvis at all times when Elvis was here in human form.
Always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

In honor of this upcoming Memorial Day I would like to say God bless Elvis for serving his country that he loved so very much so honorably and in the true spirit of patriotism. :D :D May He also bless and watch over all of the wonderful men and women who have served and continue to serve in our Armed Forces. :D :D I admire and love each and every one of them for all of the many sacrifices that they have made and continue to make for all of our sakes. :D :D May "the people in charge" realize what they are doing to this great county and consequently the effects these decisions are having on the world before it is too late. I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend my dear angels!!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:42 pm 
I have No Doubt that Elvis would be very Disappointed in how our Country is being Ran, and I wouldn't been at all Surprised if Elvis wouldn't have made another Surprise Visit to the White House. Elvis was very Proud in being a American, and he tried to do all he could to give back all that this Country and His Lord Blessed him with. May All Of Us Remember all of the People that have Served, and Died for Our Country To Keep Us Free! I Wish Everyone here A Wonderful Memorial Day! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

You're right Fairytale, he probably would have given it his best "shot".
Yes, this is a day to hope and pray that those who are still over there and still returning, will all return well and soon! Those who have lost so much in sons, daughters, fathers, mothers and the parents of those many, I hope will have rest at night and peace in their hearts knowing that one day they can all be together again. God, please bless America and the World with all it's peoples, animals and living things. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Yes, this is a day to hope and pray that those who are still over there and still returning, will all return well and soon! Those who have lost so much in sons, daughters, fathers, mothers and the parents of those many, I hope will have rest at night and peace in their hearts knowing that one day they can all be together again. God, please bless America and the World with all it's peoples, animals and living things.

AMEN Wanda my dear friend!!!

Post subject: visuals/visits
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Mari.

Your visual reflects the pride and the honor that Elvis had for the country of his birth and millions of its people and around the globe cared enough about him that they did "not just go away" as Elvis feared when he went to Germany. Elvis was able to focus on his job and I read once that Elvis asked for no special treatment and he went out on the "night duties" even when that had to be really tough on a man grown and raised in the heat of the south and then to be thrust into a bitterly cold winter there.
My brother that asked/demanded to go to Viet Nam wrote to me about how if I thought Michigan could have bitter cold that I might change my mind after the harsh winter weather he experienced while there in Germany during the year of 1967 and 1968 and then in 1969 asked to go to Nam.
I think Fairytale is right. I know in the famous press conference where Elvis----before SELLING out 4 shows at Madison Square Garden-----was asked about the draft and he answered something like" I am just an entertainer and those views are better left private." The woman followed that up by asking: "Do you think other stars should stay private about their views on the "war"?----a CONFLICT because although nearly 60,000 men and women from America would be killed in Viet Nam congress never declared it a war---and Elvis said: "NO"
Elvis was a very intelligent man but he also felt the restraints of being a singer while the men and women dying and the grief of their family members experienced and he could not say what he really thought about Viet Nam.
I often wonder what he thinks about what the "people in charge" have done to his America since 2000..................
I think Wanda is right----Elvis may well have already visited or has plans to because of what "the people in charge" have done to his beautiful America and how much Elvis must dislike other nations now viewing the country---BUT not many, many, many of its people----but certainly its government. I wonder if Elvis had anything to do with a certain resident of the White House living quarters falling from the couch and brusing his face OR the many times the same resident has fallen off of his bike???????????????????????????????????
Elvis had a sense of HUGE sense of honor but he also had a (keen sense of humor) that may have allowed or will still allow him to "VISIT" the living quarters of 1600 Penns. Ave. and do what he has or what he still can do.......
I worked today and I will work tomorrow but my loved ones gone now and dearest Elvis and all of those others will not stray far from my thoughts or my heart.
I wish I knew how to do the visuals maryinthemorning but I do not. Everyone that does them on ELC is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yours captures it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish all to be safe, and to always carry love in their hearts and in their eyes for those gone and those still here on earth.
Always with love,
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:29 pm 
:D 73mile I never heard about someone in the White House falling off of the Couch, or his Bike. But I have No Doubts that since Elvis can't go to the White House like he did when Nixon was there, that in some way Elvis has let his Feelings Known in some way to the One in the White House now! :wink: FairyTale!

Post subject: fairy tale
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:) I believe it was in the years of 2000-2008---falling off the couch while watching the Super Bowl and numerous falls from his bike.................................. :D :D :) :) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:51 am 
Dragon

A little late but appropriate nonetheless. Elvis is taking care of our soldiers in heaven. God bless America!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]