It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spring can mean
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:46 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello my beloved family. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Spring in Michigan generally means cleaning windows, planting flowers or gardens, cleaning garages/basements, etc., and having and going to garage sales/flea markets or tag sales.
I was wondering if any of our family has a garage sale to get rid of unwanted items if something could be set aside from the profit to send in and help to keep ELC running.
I just did this.
I helped my niece with a garage sale in the last 2 weeks and sold some items and I donated $25.00 of the profit to ELC.
Scrap metal/aluminum/steel and copper are selling at high prices at salvage yards and we are not above picking up pieces from the junk to take a load to the salvage yard and if that helps ELC to keep going we will donate when we do that, too.
Just thinking aloud.
This is our family and it is a place, like Graceland for Elvis a "safe port" for all of us here!!!
Always with love and hope,
Marjorie :) :) :) :D

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

What a wonderful idea dear Marjorie and such a lovely thing for you to do too!! :D :D This is actually something that I can look into doing also as we are getting ready to move into a new house in a couple of weeks,(we've been having TONS of problems with our mortgage company since we moved into the house we are currently in so we really didn't have a choice :roll: :( ) and I would love to be able to get rid of some un-needed things and at the same time be able to help out our family here at ELC and keep this "safe port" (as you so beautifully described it dear Marjorie :wink: :D ) for all of us to enjoy!!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:44 am 
Site Admin

Yes! It was a great idea and we all thank you very much! I can only imagine what a job it is to keep this whole site running! Maia and Simeon have the 'brains"- I sure don't! It's complicated I know though, and I can't begin to keep up with all those "address" numbers and stuff on things that are put on the net- way beyond my poor scatter brains, fer sure!

Great idea though Marjorie and I think that you "received" your special thanks too... wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]