It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Happy Birthday Wanda!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:47 pm 
Owl

Hi Wanda,
I hope you had a WONDERFUL, FUN BIRTHDAY!!!! I sent you a card in the mail, hope you got it. I love you and cherish you and treasure our friendship. Someone else wanted to say happy birthday to you. Click the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75pODTpoZ1s

Love,

JoAnna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:38 am 
Site Admin

Wow! That's 3 times "he's" sung happy birthday to me! Pretty good to hear again! Thanks JoAnna, we will pick up our mail tomorrow so will get the card most likely. We don't have mail delivery at the street below us as it's so far from the house up here on the side of the hill/mountain we were being robbed when we first moved here- we didn't know until we had been here for about 3 months. Neighbors miles from here found our mail scattered up and down their road and brought it to us. Later we saw the old white car and the one toothed wonders as Starla called them, in the process of checking all the mail boxes on this road! I told the sherrif and one came out and left his card with me, but didn't offer a lot of hope-he suggested we video the box with a hidden camera but then that would be hard to do as there would be no place to hide it really. Anyway, I put the Sherrif's card stapled to a piece of paper and in big letters typed, "SMILE - YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA!" folded up and in a nice white business envelope and left it in our box. Well, we saw that they'd found it, because the box was open and the letter and card were laying on the ground...we never saw them here again. Though we did see them on the road on a round Jupiter Flats road stopping at a mail box... so guess they just moved on down further. Anyway, we got a box in Neuvo and go down every few days to get our mail. That way we know it's not laying on the road or some dirt bag has credit info etc:.
Thanks for thinking of me and for adding the link- I sat here and watched three versions that were on there too. Nice to hear his voice... wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:49 am 
Owl

Did you listen to this one? It's pretty fun, an unreleased home recording of "Happy Birthday Baby".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyd-dnaz_m0

Post subject: I did not know it was your birthday
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Happiest of birthday wishes, Wanda. :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

I think I posted good wishes for you on another thread my dear friend, but for someone as nice as yourself it definitely bears repeating!! :wink: :D :P :D Happy Birthday dearest Wanda!!! :bday: :D :D I hope that your special day was filled with lots of LOVE, LIGHT AND JOY!!! :D :D :D :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:51 pm 
Dragon

Wanda,
I hope you enjoyed your day with loved ones. May you have many more....Happy Belated Birthday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:03 pm 

Happy Birthday Wanda, So happy Elvis, through Joanna, was able to sing to you.

Love,

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks every one. I had a good day- I slept for most of it!! And in new sheets that my daughter bought that are really nice- Egyptian cotton and feel like they are "startched"- really crisp and clean, and it reminded me of when I was a kid and we had sheets that felt that way! Now most of them are so flimsy and wad up so much. These stay where you put them and they feel great! So I slept! Crazy huh- but it was what I wanted to do and so everyone was quiet- even the cat that squalls every 4 hours for food- he's old, bony and doesn't hear well and I think he forgets he just ate sometimes. A bottomless pit- really! He was sleeping on the bed with me and I guess because I slept quietly he did too.

Any way, it was a good day... next year I am going to skip that day- I will be sooo old....70!!!! Good grief, how did that happen?

I fer sure will use Elvis' "math" for birthdays...he said just add the numbers to gether and be that age all year... so I'm 14!

Love to all,

Wanda June

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:19 pm 
:lol: Thats A New One Wanda,I well have to try What Elvis did to. :lol: How about that I'm 6! :mrgreen: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi JulieSharonRose, thank you for posting for me! I have decided not to have any more birthday's from now on- this is my last year for it. Getting in the 70's won't be fun as my mental picture of being that age is frail, old and house bound and that ain't gonna be me! Actually, it is so hard to believe I am this age anyway! I mean, how did that happen so quickly?
Time sure enough flies the older one becomes...

This time 31 years ago I was trying to get Elvis to reveal what he was giving me for my birthday- he was saying it would be late and he was sorry, but he had to have it done and it took some time as they didn't understand what he wanted exactly... this when he asked what I wanted and I just for some reason said, I don't care- long as it's gold or silver" and he was surprised because that was something new coming from me. I guess he decided he had to do something special then, whatever, it took him 2 months to do it and it was worth it for sure. I love that ring even though I seldom wear it as I'd be heartsick to lose it or a stone etc:... I do look at it now and then as it's in our safe so I can get to it since we took pictures for the gallery. It and the other one he gave Jimmie- I wear it now and then but have to put tape on the band so it won't fall off accidently. And I have the bracelet too, but don't wear it as it's too loose on my arm and might fall off. The jeweler who repaired the band on it said don't let this fall on tile or cement because the stones can pop out or crack- that because they are large pieces. The silver needs cleaning but the stones are perfect so it sits in the safe. I certainly won't sell any thing- and neither will Starla. I just couldn't do that- but then maybe if we had a lot of things like that, we wouldn't feel so strongly toward them all?
Bye,
wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next