It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Feeling loved
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

We spent the weekend with our Gavin and his little brother, Hayden.
It was precious time because we make memories when we see them to keep in our hearts until next visit because they live over 4 hours away.
Gavin is funny, his smile is so genuine that his eyes smile with love, too. Hayden has matching brown eyes and he has been walking for awhile but he still crawls if he is not getting to where he wants to be quickly enough. Hayden goes to the bookshelf and picks a favorite book, brings it to where grandma or grandpa or mommy or daddy happen to be so one of us knows he wants to be snuggled while being read to.
We are blessed to have grandsons who 'understand in their own ways' that love is the very most important part of life here on earth.
Gavin tells me if I am holding his hand too tightly when we take a walk and I tell him thank you for letting me know that. In response he says: "That is okay, grandma. I love you so much."
We attended a baseball game while there and Gavin and grandma had lots of quality time playing in the area fenced for play at that ballpark.
He rode in grandma's car---I have an approved seat in my car for him---and he asked me if I would play the Elvis song that is about blue shoes. I told him yes I would. When it came on Gavin was singing along. When it was over he told me: "Thank you, grandma. I like Elvis because he sings songs that make me happy."
Gavin is in grandma's car often enough that he probably knows many of Elvis' songs and he does know which are grandma's favorites because he will notice if I hit repeat and the same song plays again and again like " Mary in the Morning" or "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and others like the early one he wanted to hear "Blue Suede Shoes."
He really likes my Elvis shirts and I have another Elvis shirt for him when he comes to grandma's house again soon.
My heart is so happy right now that it could really burst with the happiness our grandsons give to me.
Always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
We are blessed to have grandsons who 'understand in their own ways' that love is the very most important part of life here on earth.

Gavin tells me if I am holding his hand too tightly when we take a walk and I tell him thank you for letting me know that. In response he says: "That is okay, grandma. I love you so much."

We attended a baseball game while there and Gavin and grandma had lots of quality time playing in the area fenced for play at that ballpark.
He rode in grandma's car---I have an approved seat in my car for him---and he asked me if I would play the Elvis song that is about blue shoes. I told him yes I would. When it came on Gavin was singing along. When it was over he told me: "Thank you, grandma. I like Elvis because he sings songs that make me happy."

It's wonderful and touching to read what you say above, dear Marjorie. YOU ARE REALLY BLESSED to be able to live LOVE through your grandsons' innocence and truth. Their heart have the purity of Heaven!

May ALL HUMAN BEINGS have this kind of experience to heal their souls.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: My wish
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I wish the love that my heart feels for all of my family here at ELC. I know lots of us are grandmas but Gavin has a way about him that any person who meets him comments on and that is the look of the love shining in those beautiful brown eyes. I tell the person that is because the look is coming from the pure innocence in his heart and that is true.
I know I am a better person simply because I was blessed to have such a small boy let me in his heart and he in my heart.
A gift of a material object is without meaning if the only value it has is that it cost this amount or it was on sale or in any other way/matter objects/items come into one's home. Love is faith and hope and hope and faith are love. Gavin is love and he loves and that is worth more than all of the money on this earth to this grandma.
Elvis knew about this love and he still is aware of this each time he sees from afar the sun rising on a new day here on earth or when the water flows freely in the streams and lakes that abound on this planet. Simple beauty but also so profound to me that all a human needs to be is here and there are so many ways we can reach out to others if only we keep hope with faith which becomes love and pass it along to another as often as is possible.
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Right on! Children are so trusting and open, I hope Gavin can always keep that deep inside to help guide him the rest of his life. And he is blessed to have a grandma like you.

wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]