It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: sweet Walter
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I want to share with my ELC family the surprise Walter brought home for me on Saturday.
One of the things Walter likes to do is to go to garage/tag/estate sales.
He 'happened' on a garage sale in our area on Saturday that was just opening. He saw a box of 45 records is the vintage kind of record case made for 45s then. Inside were 13 Elvis 45s. 2 were on the Sun label.
Out of a 10 they are a 8++ as far as condition for records but to me they are way beyond a 10 because they are Elvis singing before albums were made and because I think Walter was 'directed' to go to that sale first that morning. He paid $1.00 for the case and the records and now they are in my Elvis room. I have no room for anymore Elvis things except books---I love reading about Elvis as much as I do watching or listening to Elvis sing or talk.
So Walter really made my day but I believe our Elvis had a 'hand' in his records coming to my house....
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:20 pm 

Hi:

I think Elvis had a hand in both of your posts. Tho I don't know why the records would wind up behind the dresser.:)

Di

Last edited by Di on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Me either
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Many things have happened in this house and not just to me or to Walter but to others, too.
The only thing I can think of is that Elvis wanted my attention....maybe to tell me it was time to rest....when I get going on a project sometimes I push my body too hard. Maybe he was simply reminding me to stop and let go of working in the heat on any other auction boxes and leave them for another day???????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:23 pm 
I just can't undewrstand why people would let such Treasures Go LIKE THEY DO OF ANYTHING TO DO WITH ELVIS! FairyTale!

Post subject: me either
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I was so amazed to see the Sun 45s and all the other Elvis 45s that I would never part with that I know I can not understand how/why anyone would part with such wonderful parts of such a beautiful man as Elvis!!!
always with love,
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

That was so very sweet of walter to do that! :D :D
I don't understand either how anyone could give away anything of Elvis! All my Elvis collectables I love them so much they mean everything to me cause they are a part of Elvis our sweet wonderful beautiful loving precious man! :D :D

Talia

Post subject: Re: sweet Walter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:48 am 
Dragon

73smile wrote:
I want to share with my ELC family the surprise Walter brought home for me on Saturday.
One of the things Walter likes to do is to go to garage/tag/estate sales.
He 'happened' on a garage sale in our area on Saturday that was just opening. He saw a box of 45 records is the vintage kind of record case made for 45s then. Inside were 13 Elvis 45s. 2 were on the Sun label.
Out of a 10 they are a 8++ as far as condition for records but to me they are way beyond a 10 because they are Elvis singing before albums were made and because I think Walter was 'directed' to go to that sale first that morning. He paid $1.00 for the case and the records and now they are in my Elvis room. I have no room for anymore Elvis things except books---I love reading about Elvis as much as I do watching or listening to Elvis sing or talk.
So Walter really made my day but I believe our Elvis had a 'hand' in his records coming to my house....
always with love,
73smile

I'm so happy for you 73smile!! :D Isn't that something. He was in the right place at the right time. :wink: It's nice to hear about garage sales because there isn't many in my area. It seems nowadays some people will opt for Ebay or Amazon to sell those sort of collectibles. I'm sure they will be cherished for years to come.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]