It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: on Sunday evening
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I know it is hot here in Michigan but I also know what happened so please let me know what, if anything, any of you think what happened here on Sunday towards evening means.
I had been working all day boxing things for the June 21st auction. Around 7:00 p.m. I finally was just about done in for the day.
I was in the room off of our bedroom which once was part of Walter's grandfather's living area after Walter's grandmother died. We use it as a toyroom/closet. Farmhouse do not generally have much closet space because when they were built---this one in 1865---most people did not have much in the way of clothing like in 2008.
In our bedroom is a dresser that Walter had redone a few years ago that belonged to Walter's father when he was a boy. The dresser has some of my Elvis things displayed. Long story short: we have 2 original records of Elvis 45s when 4 songs were on each 45 and they are in the cardboard picture illustrated slleves. They belonged to Walter's only sister, Ardith. I had them in front of some other things on the dresser.
They were not propped on anything but instead had books and things in back of them and the records out front on the dresser top.
I was in the closet/toyroom. I was filling the last auction box for that day when I heard a thud and then another thud. Walter was outside and I was the only person in the house. I walked back into the bedroom where the thud sounds came from and looked to see if something had fallen off one of the walls. It was then I noticed the two records were gone. I went to the kitchen to get a flashlight after looking on the floor and not finding them. By this time my heart was thudding, too. Not out of fear but out of wonder as to how in the word or where in the world the records had gotten to.
I shined the light around and still did not see them. There is no way they could have gotten off the dresser and on the floor and they did not weigh enough to make the thud sounds as loudly as what I heard.
I pulled the dresser out from the wall anyway and that is where they were.
A person would have had to physically had lifted the records up and then reached over the other things behind the dresser and dropped the records for them to get behind the dresser.
Walter was not just outside but he was in the barn.
He could not have done it nor would he have if he had been in the house; which he was not.
What do any of you think happened??
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
:D 73 mile it sounds like to me that Elvis played a Practical Joke on you, and to say HI! I know you have heard he was good in playing Jokes on People, and to me what better way then to play a Joke on you to let you know he was there with you. If it had been me and I know it had to be a Total Surprise and a Shock to you but I would have to say in that room Elvis if that was you let me know in some way, it is still not to late. I hope in what I have said is some help, I would PM Wanda and tell her and see what she thinks. I Wish Elvis would Visit me like that, So Good Luck if you decide to try what I have Suggested. Please let me know if and when you get an Answer, So Good Luck! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Marjorie,

Your experience with Elvis records is similar to one I had more than a year ago: Three set of Elvis' DCs that are inside wide, flat bottomed boxes, went to the floor with a real noisy sound, from their place beside the TV.

I was outside the house with my mother. Both were shocked by the noise, 'cause no person, animal or windy air was around. Quickly, it came to my mind the notion that El'vis was asking for my attention 'cause something was happening that needed to be attended.

I took a meditation attitude to be able to "receive". I correctly felt that something was happening to a ELC friend. As soon as I had that notion, El'vis and I were in a scene where one of our friends (I'm keeping her name) were in a dangerous situation. We helped her right there, using ourselves as barriers against the danger. El'vis told me to prevent her as soon as I could. I did, descriving her the situation "we" saw and what we did about it. She was greatly surprised, because everything was exactly what she was going through. and she felt relieved from it. :roll:

I comment this, because maybe El'vis was not joking. (I bet he was not). I'm sure he had a more profound purpose.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]