It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:45 pm 

Sorry I haven't been around. I have a case of the shingles and it is so painful. All that helps is laying down and pain medication.

It takes my breath away.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:55 am 
Site Admin

Ouch! Yes it can be very much so! Jimmie had it a couple years ago all on the right side from just below waist line up around the rib cage- he went to the doctor and got Veltrax I think it was, the same thing they give people for herpes virus as shingles comes from the chicken pox virus being in your system "ready to spring forth at any given opurtunity when your immune system is weaker than normally. It must be... I hope that you feel better soon...you know if you rinse the blistered/red area with luke warm water that has baking soda mixed in it about 1/2 cup per quart of water, use a soft cloth and gently pat it on, that helps to soothe and dry the blisters up and away. you can spread it they say, with the blister fluiids so be careful about that just in case. It is an inflamation of the nerve endings where the pox virus hangs out. Jimmie did the soda water thing and it helped it alot- it kept it drying out which makes it go away faster. Just an idea Di, best of luck and I know it is an awful thing to have- the moon was just full, it ought to be better soon now. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Image Get well real soon, Di.

For you and for ALL our ELC friends having trouble healthwise or any other kind:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: get feeling better
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I hope it turns out to be a short time of sickness for you. I will keep you in my prayers,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Oh sweet Di-I am so sorry to hear about your health problems and all of the pain your are in dear angel. :( Please try Wanda's advice as it sounds like just the thing that will help you. :wink: :) In the meantime, please know that no apologies are necessary my sweet friend, and also know that you will be kept in all of our thoughts and prayers for you to feel better really soon!! :wink: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:52 pm 
My Dad had the Shingles to, and I remember him showing me the scars. I well be Praying that Lord Heals you and brings you Comfort, what Wanda said to do sounds good. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm 

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and suggestions. This is a pain like no other for sure but the Dr. says we caught it on time and it should be gone soon.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

You are very welcome dear Di! :wink: :D Thanks so much for the update, and I'm so glad to hear that your Dr. said that it was caught in time and that it should be gone soon!! :D :D Please keep us posted when you can as to how you're doing my sweet friend. :)

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:15 pm 

Just wanted to drop by and thank you all and let you know I am feeling a lot better. Pain has subsided. Should be back to new (or how new I can get at this age) soon :)

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

GREAT! :P :P Glad to hear it, Di!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next