It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sweet Elvis
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:56 pm 

A 10-year old boy named Donald Wilson had lost his immediate family to a horrific car accident. After the funeral, the court awarded his grandmother custody. A short while later, Donald suffered a nervous breakdown and was diagnosed as having a complicated kidney ailment. His grandmother did not know what to do or how to help her sick grandchild. The only thing that raised the boy's spirits was his Elvis Presley record collection. One day, as Donald blasted his Elvis music, his grandmother went to her den and composed a letter to the singer. She explained about Donald's ailments as well as his love for Elvis' music. When Elvis received the letter he sat down to write a few encouraging words to the boy. He put together a package which included several photos, current records, and a get well card. He had each of his secretaries write a little something to the boy to show that everyone cared about him. Elvis took the package to the post office himself and had it sent special delivery. When Donald's grandmother brought the package up to his bedroom, the young boy cried out with glee. He was amazed when he found the photos, records, and notes inside. After reading Elvis' letter, Donald knew his loving grandmother had written to his favorite singer about him. He ran over to her and hugged her tighly, crying as he thanked her. After Elvis' package arrived, Donald got better and both he and his grandmother felt that they owed his recovery to Elvis and the love he had shown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

With teary eyes, I'm touched once more for the incredible capacity of empathy Elvis had. The added plus to his gifts and words, of the people working for him writing supporting messages is the example.

Only one that has suffered, might understand so rightly the need others have, like Elvis understood that boy's and his grandmother's also. Elvis' insense and difficult life just from the very first moment he came into life, was the perfect baggage for developing his awareness of others feelings. This way he was prepared to accomplish a fundamental part of his role in his lifetime as Elvis Presley.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:37 am 
:cry: More of these kind of Stories should be Known to the Whole Wide World! Thanks DI! FairyTale! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

I say(with teary eyes as well) AMEN to everything you all have said above my dear angels!! :D :D Sweet Di thank you so much for sharing this very heart-touching story with us!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:13 am 
Site Admin

Di, I just read this for the first time- some how missed it! Thank you for posting it, I had not heard of that one- and I'm sure there are so many more we don't know about from Elvis. He responded the way he could so easily, and that child was touched by his love and his prayers too, I am sure. So like him, and getting his workers to add their messages, so like him- he'd go find someone, once I heard he had everyone at his gate sign a card he was sending to somebody in need. So right about his early days, his birth and the things he went through as a young child- it did mold him and make him the empathic guy he was right to the end...in his last days he was doing for other people... So many things, we will never know. Someday I hope there is a book or something telling all of the many, many things that he never even mentioned. wjh

Post subject: One More From Sweet Elvis
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 pm 

Elvis gave a couple from Arkansas a check for $1,000 in 1969. The money
was to get the couple back on their feet after a series of disasters. When
34-year-old James Bullock was hospitalized with serious injuries, as the
result of a car accident, his car was stolen from the hospital parking lot.
He was forced to call a taxi and pay the large fare with money he really
couldn't afford to spare. To top it off, later that same year, Bullock lost
his arm and his leg in a tractor accident. His wife was forced to get a
menial job in order to support them. Whatever money she earned went toward bills and a little bit of food each week. They were in serious financial trouble. A local newspaper found out about the couple's bad luck and printed a short article about them. Elvis happened to see the story and, after reading of their tragedies, he wrote out the check. He had one of his men drive to the adjacent state and hand-deliver the check to the couple. The Bullocks claimed that Elvis was an angel sent from God. The money came in very handy and they were able to pay their rent and eat well for a few months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:25 pm 
GOD BLESS OUR SWEET ELVIS! MOST DEFINTLY AN ANGEL SENT FROM GOD! (A) FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

Most definitely sweet FairyTale!!! :wink: :D :D (A) Such a shining example of a loving, caring, compassionate and generous soul!!! :D :D :love: Whether it be with his time, love or money he never stopped giving!! :wink: :D :D

Post subject: Being touched by Elvis quietly
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I know that Elvis did not like his fans to know how many charities he donated money to. Elvis was always there to give a hand up if he could and for this little boy he sure helped raise his spirits.
It has been said that Elvis received a great deal of joy when he could do things himself for others.
What a loving and generous heart it was that beat in Elvis' chest.
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:00 am 
Site Admin

You're very welcome my dear friend!! :D :D I'm so glad you liked them!! :wink: :D

Rainbow Light wrote:
He sure did give his HEART, SOUL and, dare I say it, lips?!, to everything he gave in life! :wink: :D :D

He most certainly did didn't he my sweet angel??? :wink: :P :D :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next