It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: just had to share this
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:59 pm 
Peacock

Rachel Weisz who won the 2006 Best Supporting Actress award for her part in 'The Constant Gardener' makes no secret about her love of Elvis. Her heroes include Harry Houdini and Jackie Onassis but her greatest admiration is for Elvis. "I fell in love with him when I was a little girl. He was cute even when he was fat and wasted," she says. "He was the ultimate performer, in that nothing could get between him and his gift."

Weisz's attitude to life also reflects Elvis' own generosity. Talking about the film adaptation of John Le Carre's novel 'The Constant Gardener' she says, "The message of the film is that if you can help one person, that's better than not doing anything." Weisz urges people to visit the movie's website ConstantGardenerTrust.org and help by donating money to improve living conditions in Kenya's slums. The charity has already built two schools and a bridge.

Weisz also admits to Elvis being her 'touchstone' whenever she's in stressful situations. She says, "I hang out with friends and if all else fails I'll just sit in my apartment and talk to Elvis. He'll take care of me." She explains, "I don't get starstruck that often but give me a rock ând roll legend and I lose it. I think if David Bowie and I were in the same room, my knees would give out. And Elvis is my God. My house is covered with pictures of Elvis." Her all-time favourite Elvis track is 'Suspicious Minds'.

Rachel, together with director-fiancee Darren Aronofsky, is expecting her first child in May, EIN wishes them all the best.

(News, Source: Piers Beagley EIN)

Post subject: Rachel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Maral, isn't that a great person! I mean right out there about her feelings for Elvis and rock 'n roll stars yet! And Elvis will take care of her...who would think it! That was a great find...thanks for putting it up-it's super good news! I will have to see if I can find her-that's a tv show I think but I don't know if it's the same person..will sure look into that though. Even to having his pictures up! In her house! Wow! We used to have a pastel chalk picture of him how he looked in Roustabout he had the lady who used to have a small booth place at Knotts Berry Farm here in So. Cal. before it became a big, enclosed and high priced amusement park-it was open, you could just walk into that section of the park free where the shops were- anyway, Elvis was there-and he had met that lady early in his Jailhouse Rock days- she had draw him for him and when I saw his picture I said I'd like one of those too! So low and behold, he had her do him again, and she did a great job capturing his eyes and lips...sometimes that picture would sneer, look so mean and other times it smiled and was so sweet-it was weird believe me. Now it hangs in my daughter's house next door-in her family room long with a huge poster she got from England of Elvis standing on the top of a mountain of crevices that look like he's stradling hell or something some people say, with one fist clinched and it's in regular clothing-jeans even, and he looks great. It dominates her big room actually. She collects good pictures-only things she likes-and has lots of them but most are now packed up in fire proofed place after our friend's home suddenly burned and she lost everything.
We have restored our "stuff" in a more fire resistant and proof place! Any way, to be someone in public and straight out say he's hanging in my house! Well, great
great! and Great!!!. thanks maral, good hunting. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:10 pm 
Peacock

you are both welcome! i thought it was worth sharring :D :wink:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]