It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: For your consideration
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have been thinking today about the day that Elvis was born. It is, of course, a known fact that he was born to Gladys and Vernon, who were very, very poor. So poor that Gladys probably did not see a doctor until the actual birth. The doctor was very surprised that Gladys had a twin yet to be born.
The very fact that one boy survived on that cold day in January is amazing in and of itself. This brings me to wonder about whether no matter what, "Elvis was to become", in a physical form, beginning on that very day. The One above made the decision as to which twin would live and which one would not. I have been thinking today about whether "Elvis" was supposed to BE and that nothing human could prevent that from happening.
I am not saying that Elvis was another "coming of Christ" but so many events that happened could lead one to speculate about this.
The color blue that seems to be a thread throughout his life in one format or another and beginning on the day he was born to the day he was surrendered back to the One above, seems to be one simple, but yet also a powerful dot if one were to attempt to connect all of the dots of Elvis' short life on earth.
Just something for your consideration........
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much Marjorie my sweet friend for bringing this up for us to consider--definitely very thought provoking! :wink: :D I think that the One above most definitely had for our precious Elvis, as he does for us all, a very special plan in life--for him to do great and wonderful things for mankind!! :D :D Oh and did he ever do that and then some!! :wink: :D So therefore, I have to say that I feel that because of such special and unique divine providence that Elvis certainly was to "BE!!!" :D :D

Post subject: and on
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis was, he will always be a special gift to us from the One above and I feel blessed to be alive in this time in the world.
Elvis' heart is so big that I am sure he is happily doing whatever the One above asks of him and more.
You are such a sweet, sweet person, Maryinthemorning.
always with love,
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so very much Marjorie dear angel!! :wink: :D Please know that I feel the very same way about you my sweet friend!! :wink: :D :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:47 pm 
Sun Dial

This man that we call Elvis has caused so many people to unite in the cause of love. I too wonder about what else his purpose was other than to bring happiness through his music and movies. I feel that people now want what Elvis shared with all of us, which was his heart and soul, his kindness and generosity and mostly his unabashed love for all. He gave his all for the short time he had with us. He has loved and been belittled, even by those that were the closest to him. Yet he still loved those people and gave even more of himself to them. When he could give no more and they took more still, only then did he ask his heavenly father to call him home. He couldn't even stay for his cherished little girl or his beloved Cilla. He was just plain worn out. His precious human heart could endure no more.

That is hard to understand. How could any human man give sooo much? Did God send him to us to teach us about strength and love? It seems quite strange that as each year passes since his death, his name grows, his music grows and more and more people reach out to touch what he had to say. WHY? Why does he come to people in their dreams to help. I know this for certain because I am one of them. I did not know him before that and now not a day goes by without him crowding my thoughts. I get a very peaceful feeling when I think of him. I feel a sense of real love. I want to be like that, I want to give what he gave and I want to tell people to be like him too. That to me is something of a miracle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

Laura wrote:
.......I get a very peaceful feeling when I think of him. I feel a sense of real love. I want to be like that, I want to give what he gave and I want to tell people to be like him too. That to me is something of a miracle.

As do I dear Laura and AMEN--a definite miracle "fer sure!!!" :wink: :D :D Thank you for such a beautifully written post! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 pm 
Laura you have said the Very Words that is my Heart, like I have said before you would think that being as Poor as Elvis was growing up. You would think he would have became the Most Selfish Person, and Celebrity. But even when he was growing up in Tupelo and being as Poor as he and his Family were, he even as a Child gave his Tricycle to other poor Child that Elvis thought needed it more them him. As he grew more Famous he still thought of others First, and just like that HeartAching Last Concert. You can tell Elvis is in Pain, but instead of being in the Hospital like he should have been or just simply thinking of HimSelf. He still Just like that Poor Child in Tupelo, he as a Man and the Most Famous Entertainer of our Time he Still Thought of Others First!

Post subject: FairyTale
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I want to share something with you that happened yesterday. I went to town to get a hair trimming and the woman who has cut my hair for over 28 years has been going through some real hard times. Her youngest daughter had both breasts removed due to cancer---she is just 21. The eldest girl has left the nest and now that she has recovered so has the youngest. Having been through the emptying of the nest I know what my friend is feeling and I also know that she is getting little emotional support from her husband.
We talked and when I got back on home I called her a little later toward evening just to see how she was feeling and we talked some more and she cried----and she needed to do that and I waited until she was ready to talk. She is feeling very helpless and very hopeless.
Before I went to bed last night I sent a picture of your avatar with a note to tell her how much support she has from all who care and love her. I added your avatar because she likes Elvis very much and I told her she would have a spot of 'blue, love and hope' to hang along her mirror at the beauty shop.
I will let you know if Elvis brought a smile into her sad heart.
I just wanted you to know that I believe Elvis is still hard at work through people like you who care, who really care about how other people feel.
always with love,
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Sweet Marjorie thank you so much for sharing this with us. :D I am so very sorry to hear about your friend's youngest daughter and about the sad and difficult times that your friend is going through. :( Most certainly they will be kept in my heart, thoughts and prayers for God's blessings of love, comfort and strength to shower upon them. :) It does not surprise me at all that you were able to help your friend out by being there for her and listening to her because you have such a kind and loving heart! :wink: :D :love: I'm so glad that you gave her a copy of dear FairyTale's avatar to keep along her mirror at the beauty shop. :wink: :D That is such a beautiful picture of him and I feel such a gentle softness and tenderness coming forth from him. :D :D :love: I have no doubt that our precious guy will be able to bring a smile to her sad heart!! :wink: :D :love: Like you dear angel, I. too, believe that he is still hard at work making hearts smile all over the world!! :D :D :love: Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:45 pm 
:D :D 73mile what a Very Special Gift you gave, and I have know Doubt that your Friend well be Touched in some way By Elvis and thorugh Elvis Helped from the Lord. Even though Elvis isn't in Human Form any longer, he is and well always Reach out to the ones that are Open to his Touch and Guiding Loving Hand. You know sometimes when I look at my Avatar, its like Elvis is wanting to say something. I'm so Happy to hear by putting this Avatar up, it is Helping People Deal and be Supported in their Health Problems and Trials. :love: :love:

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next