It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I Thought I had Heard them All
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:11 pm 

DNA Testing Systems Announces That Presley Petitions Memphis Court to Reopen Vernon Elvis Presley Estate
Asks to Be Admitted as Heir

Last update: 2:44 p.m. EDT Sept. 23, 2008

MEMPHIS, Tenn., Sept 23, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Eliza A. Presley, asserting that her father is Vernon Elvis Presley, father of entertainer Elvis A. Presley, filed a petition today in Shelby County Probate Court to reopen her father's estate. Attorney Kathleen L. Caldwell of Memphis placed the five-page petition in the hands of the clerk of court in downtown Memphis at 10:25 a.m. (CDT). It was filed under docket number D-5830.

The basis of Presley's suit is as a "pretermitted heir." This term designates one who would likely stand to inherit under a will, except that the person who wrote the will did not know or failed to mention the party at the time the will was written. Evidence in safekeeping with the petitioner suggests that many people knew that she was Vernon Elvis Presley's daughter.

Presley, 46, was adopted at birth and just recently discovered that she is the daughter of Vernon Elvis Presley and hence half-sister of her father's famous son, Elvis, who died in 1977. The two have different mothers. Their father Vernon Elvis Presley was executor and trustee of his son Elvis' estate. Vernon Elvis Presley died two years later.

Elvis Presley is known as the King of Rock 'n Roll and is celebrated as one of the greatest entertainers of all time. News of his death at his Graceland home in Memphis, Tenn., on August 16, 1977, at the age of 42 shocked the world. The only child of parents Vernon Elvis and Gladys Love Smith Presley of Tupelo, Miss., he left a daughter, Lisa Marie, by ex-wife Priscilla Beaulieu Presley. His will appointed as executor and trustee his father, Vernon E. Presley.

Vernon Presley had no other known children at the time of his death in 1979. A son, Jessie, the twin brother of Elvis, was stillborn, January 8, 1935.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 am 
Rainbow

WE WILL KNOW MORE IN TIME.
JUST GIVE ME A LITTLE TIME.
LOL
JOE K
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:54 pm 

I feel the same way.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:53 pm 
:roll: :roll: :roll: Well I guess Elvis had to go through this at one Time, so now its His Daddy's Turn. Give Them A Break! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:34 am 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Hi Di and Joe!

Thanks, Di, for posting! :) However, I feel this is a case of 'here we go again' - jumping on the Elvis band-wagon - sorry I'm being cynical again! :roll: :oops:

Sue my dear friend you took the words right out of my mouth with what you've said here. :wink: :P No worries or apologies needed dear angel and actually I couldn't agree more!! :wink: :roll: Seriously enough is enough with claims like this already ya know?? :roll: :roll:

ELVIS2001NET wrote:
WE WILL KNOW MORE IN TIME.
JUST GIVE ME A LITTLE TIME.
LOL
JOE K

Joe my sweet friend I had to smile and giggle when I read what you wrote here because if anyone can get to the bottom of this whole thing I know you can!! :wink: :lol: I'll be looking forward to hearing about what you find out! :wink: :P :D

Post subject: Here is some more about it.......Elvis' DNA?????????
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:10 am 
Phoenix

Woman claims kinship to Elvis; says she's daughter of Vernon Presley
By Lawrence Buser (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Thursday, September 25, 2008

A 46-year-old woman who claims to be the half-sister of Elvis Presley is asking a court to reopen the estate of the rock-and-roll legend's father, Vernon Presley, and to be admitted as an heir.

According to the petition filed in Shelby County Probate Court, Eliza Alice Presley said her mother gave her up for adoption at birth and that after a lifetime search she learned this summer through DNA testing that Vernon Presley was her father.

The divorced mother of four then changed her name from Alice Elizabeth Tiffin.

"I am 99.99 percent sure that Eliza Presley and Elvis Aaron Presley are half siblings and that she is not related to Elvis Presley's mother's relatives and that can only mean that they share a father," said Donald Yates, head of DNA Consulting in Scottsdale, Ariz., who said he has worked on the case for five years.

"There was no DNA from Vernon. The relationship has to be inferred from the DNA from other family members. We're talking about samples from an extended family group."

He said that included DNA from Elvis, but he would not elaborate on where or how that was obtained.

The attorney who handled Vernon Presley's estate was not available for comment and Kevin Kern, spokesman for Graceland, is traveling out of the country.

Vernon Presley died June 26, 1979, at age 63. Elvis died in 1977.

Probate Court Clerk Chris Thomas said Wednesday a hearing on the Texas woman's petition is set for next month.

"I've never had one where someone comes in after the estate's been closed almost 25 years," he said. "Most of the people involved are dead."

He said Vernon Presley's estate distributed a total of about $200,000 to his heirs and has been closed since 1985.

Vernon Presley was the executor of the Elvis estate, the bulk of which went to his only daughter, Lisa Marie.

DNA expert Yates said Eliza Presley's mother, Florence Juanita Sharp, lived across the street from Graceland as a teenager, but that little is know about how she might have met Vernon Presley.

He said Sharp moved to Pasadena, Texas, where Eliza was born Jan. 23, 1962, and placed for adoption.

Despite the petition seeking to reopen Vernon Presley's estate and be admitted as an heir, Eliza Presley's motive is not money, Yates said.

"Her main goal is to be recognized as Vernon Presley's daughter and Elvis Presley's half sister," he said. "She's spent her entire lifetime searching for her true identity."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:56 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for sharing this additional information about this situtation with us dear Trezyours. :wink: :) It's things like they following that tend to make one be quite suspicious of claims such as these: "He said that included DNA from Elvis, but he would not elaborate on where or how that was obtained." My question is where or how on earth would DNA from Elvis be possible after 31 YEARS???!!??? :?: :?: :!: :?: :roll: :roll: Also, if it actually IS possible and I feel that's a pretty big IF, why can't or rather won't they say how it was obtained if all of this is legitimate??? :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Elvis' DNA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:53 pm 
Phoenix

Yes Mary I was thinking the same thing - but sometimes with legalities these things can't be told to the public before court cases are heard.....who knows. They make it sound like Vernon's side of the family have been cooperative with DNA testing also.....who knows.

I have come to learn that anything could be possible so I will be watching this case with interest!

However, I do think it's quite cheesy the way she has changed her name to have her initials the same as Elvis'. That's a bit much for me!

Vera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

You know you could very well be right dear Vera about not being able to speak about the whole DNA thing due to the possible legalities that may be involved. I had not thought about that aspect of it :oops: :oops: and I appreciate you pointing that out to me. :wink: :) I'm so sorry about my oversight :oops: :oops: and hope you can forgive my "jumping the gun" so to speak as far as this particular aspect of the situation goes. :oops: I do have to say that I definitely agree with you though about the cheesiness factor in her changing her name so that her initials match Elvis'. :roll: :roll: A bit much for me too my dear friend. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:46 am 
Sun Dial

Hi Ladies,
I am back from Hawaii and I missed all of you. (I really did) Call me naieve, but wasn't Vernon married to that crazy Dee at the time? I thought he was madly in love with her. :?:

Something smells fishy in Denmark here. This woman claims she doesn't want any money, but just wants recognition. ya, okey, dokey. :roll: Why hasn't the woman who gave birth to her come forward and where in heaven's name did she aquire DNA to prove this? Why did it take the man who did this testing four years to find this out? Why would Vernon's side of the family give his DNA to a perfect stranger? There is more to this than meets the eye. There has to be a book deal or a movie deal here somewhere. I just can't help being skeptical here because too many people have made these claims in the past and they have all been debunked.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next