It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'M still here
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello all. I am still here and feeling better. I have been really busy working as a volunteer for the Obama campaign in our area.
I had just gotten back in my car after picking up Obama-Biden signs and I felt that someone was in the car with me. The song "You Don't Have To Say" came on just then and so maybe Elvis was letting me know that he was proud that a fan of his would be involved in trying to save America from itself!!
Someone said they got an email saying ELC will be shut down. Is this true??????
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:35 pm 
:D Hi Marjorie, it is really Wonderful to see you here. We all have been Woried about you, did you get my pm? I haven't heard anything about ELC being Shut Down. When did you here this? It sure sound's like Elvis was letting you know he was Happy in your Support for Obama, I know I sure have been Missing your Posts. :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Dearest Marjorie it is SO GOOD to see you back here again my sweet friend!! :wink: :D :D I'll definitely 2nd what sweet FairyTale said about how all of us have been so worried about you and have missed you. I, too, sent you a pm a couple of days ago and am hoping that you got it dear one. :wink: :D My heart is filled with joy hearing that you are feeling better and that you have been keeping busy with your volunteer work!! :D :D :D :love: I wholeheartedly believe that the song coming on when it did was dear Elvis' way of letting you know how happy he was at all of your hard work and effort to try and help the country he loved so much and was so proud to be a part of!!! :wink: :D :D :love: As far as ELC shutting down, our dear Wanda just posted in the "Announcements" folder that ELC is NOT shutting down so no worries about that dear angel. :wink: :D :D The e-mail notice I received was that Maia apparently was or is planning on shutting down the ECN forums but not ELC. Thank you again for checking back in with your ELC family my dear friend, and please keep us posted as to how you're doing!! :wink: :D :love: :hug:

Post subject: and I do feel better because
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is because of my family here at ELC that has helped me to feel better. I also had a weekend with Gavin and Hayden and that was sooooooooooo needed by this grandma who is tooooooooo far away.
Volunteer work helps to keep me distracted. Anyone who knows me knows I am a political "animal" and volunteering for presidential campaigns is fun. I am working with our daily paper on getting Obama to our county that is 60 miles north of Detroit. He was in Detroit again yesterday and drew a crowd of 35,000. We did not go this time because we had seen him at The Joe in Detroit. I dislike the drive on that stretch of I-94 as it is ALWAYS filled with orange cones and at the same time there was a Detroit Tiger baseball game so the traffic would have been awful.
It is just my opinion but I think Elvis would have liked Obama and I can picture Elvis the elder talking with Obama at Graceland-----now that I would get to Graceland for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When our son and his wife and kids were home last weekend, Katie, asked me if there was anything of Elvis I did not have and I said I would have to think about it but I could have answered her right then------"Having Elvis here for a few minutes would last me a lifetime."
I am so glad that ELC is not closing down because our family is too close for that to happen.
My little California angel: I passed on your thoughts that you left on my machine!! :)

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

I am so very glad to hear that our ELC family was able to help you feel better Marjorie my dear friend!! :wink: :D :D :bouncy: Also am so happy to hear that precious Gavin and Hayden were able to make grandma smile too!! :wink: :D :love: Little children, precious miracles that they are, have such a special way of being able to do that! :love: :wink: :D It is also so great to hear about all of your political volunteer work that you're doing too. :wink: :D Being as how our dear Elvis was alot more politically minded and aware than most people gave him credit for, I, too, can picture him now sitting and wonderfully and wisely advising Obama on things he should do to help improve our country that he loved so much. :wink: :love: :D

73smile wrote:
I am so glad that ELC is not closing down because our family is too close for that to happen.

Me too sweet Marjorie and I couldn't agree more with your thoughts about our wonderful ELC family!! :wink: :D :love: :bouncy: Sue my dear friend, you are very welcome for the ECN/ELC confirmation and information. :wink: :) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 pm 
:D :D I can see Elvis not only giving Obama Advise, but I can see Elvis being Obama's Running Mate! Wouldn't that be Just Fantastic! :D :bouncy: :bouncy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:40 am 
Site Admin

It most certainly would be FairyTale my dear friend!! :wink: :D :D :bouncy:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]