It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eugene O'Neill quote and Elvis
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is a quote that is in our daily paper today by Eugene O'Neill: "Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."

I have been thinking about what the meaning for me is that is being expressed in this quote and also how easily I could hear Elvis saying the exact same words. Elvis Presley knew that working hard was how to get to the "magic door" of making it as an entertainer. No "locked door" opens without a key. Elvis also was WELL intuned to what was entailed in searching for a 'lost kingdom of peace.' He knew that too many children of the One above were forgetting that as humans; it took all of us working together in harmony and joy and WANTING to be able to forgive and to forget and so much more. As humans sharing life on the same planet the key had to work in all doors that remained locked before peace could be approached as something more valuable than all the gold in the world.
Instead of chasing something not worth having, our Elvis left obsession out of his equations about life here because he knew each day about the scars of poverty that can make people give up trying. He also understood that the same scars could act to push people closer and closer to getting to the important things in life such as having the capacity to accept love and also a willing heart filled with a giving love, caring whether another was warm in the cold, hungry, clothed and sheltered--- and which, if all are/were in place, could then act as the "magic door" and in that process, searching in a spiritual manner would always win out over not having to know that the 'lost kingdom of peace' was right here on earth if we all all/were determined enough to make it happen.
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:03 am 
Sun Dial

Oh my goodness, 73smile, how beautifully spoken. There is so much truth in what you said. I think the older we get and hopefully wiser the more we search for that sense of peace, not only for ourselves, but for mankind in general. I will never give up and pray that one day the whole world will have that epiphany moment that so few in this day and age feel.

You spoke great words of wisdom. Thank you for giving me something really worthwhile to ponder for today.

Post subject: I think
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I believe that the One above directs all of us and then the free will is utilized for good or for greed and evil.
One of my brother's daughters called me early this morning crying. She is in her 30s and found a job as an art teacher in a public school system in our county. Joanie is an outstanding teacher. BUT. The economy is so bad in St. Clair County that the district that hired her is closing 5 schools. It never makes sense that America always DOES HAVE money for bombs but never any to help, really help and invest in every possible K-12 student no matter where they live, what their ethnicity and income are and other factors happen to be.
I was a K-12 teacher and later an adjunct teacher at the community college in our county. Education is an absolute must if we really, as a nation, WANT all children to become the leader that may be in each and every single child.
I would gladly vote to approve a national sales tax of 1% IF it could NOT BE TOUCHED for anything but educating our children in public schools across the country.
Elvis was very proud of his diploma and hung it in his precious Graceland.
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

Laura wrote:
Oh my goodness, 73smile, how beautifully spoken. There is so much truth in what you said. I think the older we get and hopefully wiser the more we search for that sense of peace, not only for ourselves, but for mankind in general. I will never give up and pray that one day the whole world will have that epiphany moment that so few in this day and age feel.

You spoke great words of wisdom. Thank you for giving me something really worthwhile to ponder for today.

AMEN dear Laura!! :wink: :D Marjorie my sweet friend thank you so much for your beautiful and wise post and for giving my heart something very worthwhile to ponder as well. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 pm 
:D Marjorie Thank You for Putting into Words that Needs so Much to be Spread in this Day and Age! :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]