It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Oh Lord, My Husband Was Laid Off Yesterday
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:14 am 
Sun Dial

:( Well, the recession has come to our house today. He has worked for a large European company for some years now. They announced a couple of weeks ago that there was going to be company wide lay-offs soon.

My husband really didn't expect it, but said he has had this knawing feeling recently about his position. We will be alright though. I feel so bad for the people who have children and huge mortgages, the people who have no food or no home at all and the people with no hope.

My hubby hasn't been happy in this job for quite a while now, so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. So, we are now part of all those statistics we have all been seeing on the news lately. It's scary, but we have faith in God to see us through. I honestly have a sense of peace about it. Perhaps, we just need to be humbled for a while.

We will be OK. I have been rich and I have been poor, but I have always tried to be rich in spirit and poor in selfishness. That has to be worth riches in itself. Our 401K was depleted by what has been happening on Wall Street and our stocks are gone too, but we really do have everything because we have the strength of God and the love of each other to watch over us.

If anyone here has an extra prayer or two in their pocket, we could sure use them right about now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:13 pm 
Pharaoah

Aww I'm sorry your husband got laid off work, its been happening in the UK to :(, my dad is also in risk in loosing his job to and he has a 25 year mortgage on his back.

But I'll be praying for you and your husband, something will come along and make everything better :wink:

Post subject: I will
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I will pray for you, Laura. I pray each night that all will have a job soon and I know in my heart that the One above is well aware of what is going on and by and by it will be decided what the future shall be for all of us on earth.
Humbled. That is a fitting; very accurate word to describe what the humans on planet earth may need, by and large.
In America it is very, very bleak and I pray each night to thank the One above for keeping our 'children' safe, healthy and hopefully working.
Both of our "children" have been told that if or when it gets worse they can come home and we will squeeze all of them in somehow and someway.
Know that the Elc family is praying constantly for each other.
73smile

Last edited by 73smile on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:48 am 
Sun Dial

Thank you both for your kind words and prayers. As bleak as things are right now my glass is still half full. I must have faith. There are a lot of people out there suffering. My childlike thought for the day is that I wish I could win the lottery so I could help as many of the people who are hurting as possible. That would be my gift to people in the name of Elvis.

Today is going to be a wonderful day. My sister and her husband are coming down from rural Maine with my nephew who just turned one the other day. She is also bringing down a dacshund that she rescued. My elderly neighbor is going to adopt him. It's a perfect match for both the little doggie and for my neighbor.

Thanks again for your kind wishes and have a wonderful day. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:51 am 
Please Count me in on HAVING ALL OF YOU THAT ARE GOING TROUGH ROUGH TIMES AS I'AM, BEING IN MY PRAYERS!

Post subject: happy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I am so pleased that you are having some positive time with people who love you and that you love in return.
Matching a dog with your neighbor is wonderful and so very thoughtful.
I still miss my Willie, the beagle, who died at age 13. She was a constant companion for me.
I am praying that, as you say, your glass gets fuller!!
73smile :)

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband being laid off rom his job dear Laura. :( My husband had a shake-up with his job too just recently which resulted in a change of the position he had with the company he works for which has also put a dent in our family's bank account. :( However, much like you Laura, I have faith in the Lord above that He will take care of us for He knows all of our needs. :) Our dear Elvis was so right when he told our sweet Wanda what a comforting thought that is. :wink: :) Laura please know that I will definitely be keeping you and your husband, as well as all of my ELC angels in my thoughts and prayers for things to get better for you and everyone soon. :) :love: :hug: May God bless each and every one of you abundantly dear ones!! :D :D :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laura, so sorry to hear of your husband being laid off. Times are tough for so many people and the worst is still yet to come as far as our economy goes. But you and your husband will be in my prayers. May he get another job soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 pm 
Sun Dial

UPDATE:

Well, all my wonderful friends here must have said some powerful prayers because my husband got a great job offer today. He had quite a few suspicions about the company he was working at for some time now. He had been throwing his resume out there for the past six months or so. A couple of weeks ago he met with the CEO of a company out of Canada, provided his references and didn't hear back, so we kind of gave up. Today he got a phone call from the CEO asking him if he would like to come on board.

Oh, how I prayed for this. I just left it in the Lord's hands and tried not to worry too much. It's funny because I told my husband when he was laid off that for some reason I felt a serenity about it. I am a huge worry wart, so not being worried about it is very unlike me. Oh happy day! :)

Thank you all for your support. It meant a lot to me. If there is anyone here who needs some extra prayers, please let me know because I will be happy to talk to the good Lord for you. I will still pray for all the poor souls who are out of work and losing their homes. I feel so bad for the people with children or the people taking care of elderly relatives. Because of the stock market we have lost most of our 401K and our stocks, but we are still very fortunate. I hope that with a new president in office that things will start to turn around soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Oh Laura my dear friend what great and wonderful news!!! :wink: :D :D :bouncy: I am so very happy to hear about your husband's new job offer!! :D :D I think that the serenity you felt about your husband being laid off from his previous job is because somewhere in your heart you knew, maybe not conciously, but you knew that something better was going to come along for the both of you and it most definitely did!! :wink: :D :D :bouncy: God truly did answer our prayers and I couldn't be happier for you dear one!! :wink: :D I think that a certain "angel E" may very well have a hand or two in this too!! :wink: :P :D :love: May God continue to bless you and your husband Laura my sweet friend! :) :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next