It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: grandma is
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D We had potluck at our daughter, Elizabeth, and her husband, Matthew's house today along with his folks.
I am now going to be a grandma again!!
Elizabeth and Matthew are expecting, we were told, mid to late May. They married in 2002 but they waited to think about having any children.
They both still have jobs. Elizabeth teaches high school math and Matthew is a computer engineer.
It was so clever how they told us: Elizabeth called the other day to ask me to remind her to give us a gift they had bought in Chicago while there this summer and so I put it on a note.
We were all there about 45 minutes and Elizabeth handed a box to Diana, Matthew's mom, and one to me. Inside the box was a picture frame with a picture of Elizabeth in one corner and Matthew in the other corner and in the top circle an ultra sound picture of "jelly bean" as he or she is to be called until birth. Gavin was turnip and Hayden was acorn. I do not know why they called and call them these names but it is something just for them.
I cried because I knew she wanted a baby and I just know that the One above and probably our Elvis, too, both had parts in them making the decision to bring a child into the world.
My heart is so full right now that I do not know what more can get inside it. I have always called Elizabeth 'littlest girl' and I can not remember why but I have and now she is to be the 'littlest girl' no longer.
I ask all of my ELC family to please pray that Elizabeth and Matthew have a healthy baby. We do not care about gender only that Elizabeth and the baby are healthy and safe.
I wanted to share this news with all of you today but I had to wait until this evening when we returned home!
I am thankful to the One above and to Elvis because without the two none of us would be a family here.
always with love,
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Hey, Congratulations dear Marjorie! Wonderful news and am so pleased for you and your family! Sending lots of Love Bubbles your way over a "big pond" from English shores! :) :D

AMEN dear Sue and sending lots of love and prayers your way from Chicago Marjorie my sweet friend for Elizabeth and Matthew to have a healthy baby and for all to be ok. :) :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]