It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Yes I know what you mean. The naysayers like to point to the "fringe" fans with the buttons all over them and the Elvis jumpsuits as all there is in the Elvis world! :roll:

Post subject: Elvis fans
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

I know, it always made me angry to see what most reporters would put up as "Elvis fans are like this!" Even in the That's the Way It is and was movies and On tour it seemed like they had to choose the most "ordinary" of people who either by their appearance or comments were out there- oh well, life. wjh

Post subject: Trevor & Julie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

I hope they enjoy their "new" decor and add to it when they get something great. We had a big picture of Elvis hanging in our little living room the second year after meeting him- people thought we were nuts-but it was the only wall big enough and it went with our black and white furniture setting. It was black and white-a picture from Wild in the Country, and the stereo was also black so it looked good. Then there were my 3 -10 gallon fish tanks with angels and neons and the turtles someone gave our little girl-3 green ones. They were cute when little but oh boy, they were messy and hard to keep the tank clean! They got about 10 inches across before we took them to Knottsberry farm and turned them loose in the big pond where we saw one or two of them now and then sunning on the "island" and growing like crazy!
We also took "Donna Duck" a white duck raised from a baby to the pond, HE got on well there and for quite a while remembered us and would swim over and walk up talking away and doing the neck thing ducks do to "friends"-there was quite a few ducks there and the island was their safe place. And they got good care and feeding. We had to get rid of it-our neighbors didn't like it quacking at 5 in the am every morning-so...he was my alarm clock but...we did live next to other people.
I think it's great when people are not "afraid" of what their friends will "think" about their devotion to and love for Elvis and his music. My office though very small, has one wall with pictures of Elvis-my favorite ones and a very big velvet painting (yep one of those!) of him in a light blue suit with his black guitar hanging on him and in that opening stance. The artist was the best I've seen-his face doesn't show much-it's not a perfect likeness, legs apart mike to mouth and one arm extened with palm up but the guy caught the viberation, the real excitement in just the suit, the guitar and that stance Elvis took. I have had it for years and always planned to have it properly framed so it would not get "holes" that come in matierial but I never have. Still should-maybe that will be my project this year-it isn't cheap and the book seemed important more than the painting. And then I have one little letter from him that I hope got in the book as I sent it as an "add in"-it's so him and right before his divorce was to be final. I call it "free again" because that's what he says-"I'm soon to be free again"
and he wondered why it's called that-it felt like fear to him, surmises that's because hes "out of practice" and he asks if I "know any nice girls that would like to practice with me". A sense of humor even at that time.
bye, wjh

Post subject: LA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Wow-you were on a whirlwind trip! It's so much to see out here- we haven't been anyplace now for years- We used to go to Knotts alot when you could just walk in and not pay for admission-just rides. And then it all grew and grew- I liked to go to Disneyland too-and it grew so huge! Suzy lived close enough to see the fireworks every night! We went over and saw them several times at her home- then it was so diffferent-now it's so crowed down there-traffic every where all the time. We moved out to the desert areas in 1979-just couldn't stay down there-too many memories everywhere and we needed to be some place else for a while. Best thing we ever did actually-besides coming to California as green-horns- we were so backward and flat dumb- Doubt we would have made it in the Big City life if I hadn't ran into the actress and formed that "line" to Elvis. He saved us-in many ways. The first time I heard my self on tape- I was horrified and immediately began to change that! Still, if I go back south for a day or two I drop right back into those speech patterns faster than I could believe! So I can really appreciate how hard it was for Elvis-who hung with other people from the south to keep his speech clear and precise-when he wanted to. He always had that southern tinge and on some words it was really there- but he sure did "clean it up" from the early days. People still as Starla if she's from the south because though she was a baby when we moved here-she still has that tinge to her speech-and likes it- I do also-I always liked hearning Southerner's talk. It sure was a part of his charming ways. Starla has one room in her house that is covered wall to wall with framed pictures plus many that are not-and packed up. It's a spare bedroom/exercise room and used to be her office/computer room too. Now she comes over here and uses mine-she made the room into a guest room for her Grandma Suzy to stay over. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

nice to hear about your decoration Wanda,sounds great..and here is my music(Elvis)room taken 2 years ago at Christmas..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

WOW! Really beautiful! :D

I see some instruments in the corner. Do you play them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks.. :) yeah I play the piano and sax but need a new alto this one is gone foever..my bro plays double bass but my no 1 instrument "was" cello :cry: ..well, it's a long and sad story.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

thank you Sue,but no ,not a good one I'm just an amateur :roll: ..after studied cello,for 6 years in conservatory,had a little accident and hurt my shoulder too bad,it was dislocated..and I had to quit my professionel career in classical music, since doctors didn't guaranteed a total recovery even after an operation :cry: ..Well I was half dead,guess who helped me through this.. :wink:
and my bro is an industrial designer,he doubles me twice when it comes to art and design and he plays bass and piano as an amateur as well..we're a two piece band who play for our friends and family only..

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:00 pm 
Lighthouseseeker:

What cool posters you have!! I am going to start collecting pictures and posters--you have my taste. LOL And I am envious of your piano--wish I could own one.

Sincerely,
Victoria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, I like your posters too. Great collection! I don't have a single Elvis poster or picture on my wall, and it's a reminder to me that I need to get some. I've only been a big Elvis fan for about a year, don't have lots of money, so I have to pace myself with regard to buying Elvis stuff.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]