It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: I Forgot I had All These Elvis Tribute Magazines From 1977
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:49 pm 
Sun Dial

Last Spring my husband was on e-bay looking for Elvis items for me and ordered four tribute magazines and one from 1973 for me. These were done right after Elvis died in 1977. I put them away and didn't get around to reading them. I found them this week and have been in my glory reading them. There are wonderful stories and pictures of Elvis' life and death. Since I didn't know Elvis back then it is all new to me and very interesting. I am having a lots of emotions reading these.

The 1973 magazine is called Rona Barrett's Gossip and talks about Elvis turning 38 years old, not so nice things about his divorce and how he was doing as a single man. It's quite juicy! Mike Stone is in it talking about how madly in love Priscilla is with him. He says "Priscilla and I are very much in love. She'd rather be with me than with Elvis Presley-and she'll never go back with him. It's me she wants. :roll:

Another paragraph says about Pris-Priscilla became a public figure and was recognized wherever she went. But after the novely of the recognition wore off, Priscilla began to feel trapped. She couldn't live a normal life-she couldn't even go to the supermarket without being mobbed by fans. Today (1973) she leads a much less glamerous life, but friends of hers say she has never been happier. It goes on to say how she now owns a dress boutique and how she spends so much time modeling the designs and many hours serving the customers. It says she does all this without even being recognized!!

I wonder if these are the times that Lisa was calling her nanny-mommy?

I could say so much about the paragraph above, but I had better not. I feel an angel on my right shoulder and a little devil on my left when it comes to Priscilla. My dad always said that sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That's about what I am feeling right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:52 pm 
:D I'm Second in what RainBowLight just said! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:28 pm 
Sun Dial

OK, the devil on my shoulder wins. Somehow I just can't see Priscilla being mobbed by fans in the supermarket...or anywhere for that matter. I tend to think it might have been her husband they wanted to mob.

I think Elvis' fans knew better than to mob Priscilla, especially knowing that she used to go down to the gate screaming for all the gate people to go away. Elvis loved the gate girls, but I really can understand how it got on her nerves. I just couldn't do that though knowing how much Elvis enjoyed them.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]