It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:49 pm 

Sorry I have not been on. My Mom was in the hospital last week and came home on Thursday. She is 91. We came to my home in Pennsylvania and I spent half of Sunday in the ER Room.

If you have a moment a prayer for her and for me to have the patience I need. (Lord, knows I don't have much) :)

I am attaching a picture of my new baby Higgins. We adopted him from a Pet Sanctuary. He and Presley are best buds.

Di

Attachments:
File comment: Higgins
higgins1.jpg
higgins1.jpg [ 164.34 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]

Post subject: Re: Sorry
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:11 pm 
Sun Dial

God bless you for taking care of your mother. Wow, 91, what a long life she has had. I would love to sit there and listen to her stories of days long gone. I used to do this with my grandparents and they loved telling their stories as much as I liked hearing them.

You and your mom are in my prayers.

Oh, Higgins is so cute and I LOVE his VERY formal name. How old is he and what breed is he? Just precious! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:07 pm 

Higgins is part terrier part what else we don't know. :) He is 3 or 4. After having to put 2 of my babies to sleep in 6 weeks time I was devastated. When I saw his face on the web I was a goner.

He was found after Hurricane Gustav.

Di

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Di. May your mother have a speedy recovery. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Higgins is adorable!!! Looks like he has some terrier blood in him. How old is he? It lifted my heart to see his loveable sweet face.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Ooops, it looks like Di you posted just ahead of me and answered my questions while I was asking them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:06 pm 

He is a sweetie. I happened to be looking at People Magainze and they had a story about an organization called Home For the Holidays which lead me to the Pets Alive web site and it was love at first site.

Di

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:06 pm 
:D Hi Di its Great to see you back with us, and I Hope Your Mother well be Good As New once again! What A Precious Sweet Little Guy Di!Awww!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:20 pm 
Sun Dial

What a cutie pie he is. My sister rescues dogs of all breeds, brings them back to being normal dogs again and finds them wonderful homes. The peole who do this deserve special blessings. Rescued animals are so grateful. They show it every day. My sister recently rescued a dashund who was left in his crate 24/7 and yelled at all the time. He also wasn't fed very well. My sister got him in July, brought him back to being a dog again and was looking for a home for him.

Well, my neighbor whom is 63 years old was looking for a young dog. I checked the shelters on line daily for her for a suitable dog and didn't find anything. About a month ago my sister was joking around and asked me if I wanted a dashund because he was being naughty. I just lost my 15 year old cat late last summer and am not ready for a new family member yet, so at first I said no, but quickly thought about my neighbor. We were looking for a small dog, out of his puppyhood for her. He had to be very friendly with people because my neighbor had taken in a Chihuahua from a shelter, he bit someone and was very over protective of his house, my neighbor and we don't think he understood english. He was from from the Dominican Republic. She felt heartbroken, but felt that she couldn't train him properly, so she returned him to the no kill shelter. (he has since been re-adopted by someone)

I told my sister about my neighbor and I called my neighbor and asked her if she would like this little doggy. My sister was coming down from Maine to visit in a couple of days, so she brought the dog with her to meet my neighbor. My neighbor said she trusted my judgement, so we went out and bought the dog all he would need for his new home before my sister brought him down. My neighbor fell in love with this dog on the spot and decided she wanted to keep him. He has a loving home and everyone who meets him loves him. He is the happiest, most grateful little guy. I love him to bits and so does everyone else. You would never know he was abused now. He does have seperation anxiety,which is only natural, but other than that he is very well adjusted.

I know Wanda rescues too. She has a whole managerie. God bless all people who do. I have rescued many animals myself. Rescuers are very special people chosen to care for these helpless and most innocent of God's creatures. Higgins looks like a great little companion. I am so sorry about the loss of your other two babies. It is heart wrenching to lose our furry family members. I am glad for you that you felt ready to adopt so soon again. It's really knocked my socks off losing my 15 year old Bengal. I do take care of my wild, furry friends like birds, squirrels, oposum, raccoons, etc. I am sure sometime soon I will be ready again. I hope you enjoy Higgins as much as it looks like he enjoys being with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laura, I enjoyed reading your post. I'm glad your neighbor was able to find the right dog, but also glad that the chihuahua found another home. My former neighbor's two chihuahuas (one was a mix) befriended me and came to visit me every day for a year and a 1/2. What a joy they were. The female, Prissy, had been abused by a previous owner so it took a long time for her to warm up to me, but once she did, she became very attached to me. Of course, they have moved so I haven't seen them in quite a while. I miss them. I've been thinking about voluteering for Pet Overpopulation Prevention which takes in unwanted dogs & cats and finds homes for them. I could not at present be a foster dog mother but perhaps I could help out in other ways.

Below is a picture of my friend Scamper the fox squirrel. He (or she) is a brave trusting little fellow. He will come right up to my feet, hoping for a nut, and, of course I give him one. Then he'll come back for more and I give him some. The nuts should be unsalted btw, as salt is harmful to squirrels. Funny, he is the only squirrel along the walking path which is that tame. All the others are skittish. I also am posting a pic of the walking path I frequently go on and in which my buddy Scamper resides.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:43 am 
Sun Dial

Your little friendly squirrel is so precious. I have five or six that come up to my back door each morning. I have names for all of them, but Thaddeus is my really friendly one. I make him peanut butter crackers. If I don't get there fast enough he waits on the railing on the back porch for me. I used to have one named Skippy that would climb the screen to my back door like some kind of klingon so that I would be sure to see him. They are all getting so fat now with the winter coming on.

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next