It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Renewed with Hope
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello all. I am feeling better. Not a 100% but getting there. This second batch of anti-biotic has moved the "stuff" from my right lung. I smoked until 1995 and it damaged my right lung and so a virus can get in my lung very quickly.
It is with an absolute new hope or renewal that I sit as an American and as a member of Planet Earth today. When I watched and listened to what President Obama said today, it sounded so cohesive in that it is a "WE" problem and not an "I" problem that we all face.
Elvis would approve of this because he believed in a dream one day, too. The candle did beckon and it did lead him to his reward from the One above. Elvis was a uniting entity and not a person that wanted wedges and hate mongering to go on from some people in the world.
I have written a letter to all 3 of our grandchildren on this day---"jelly bean" will be here before we know it---and I talked about my pride in my new president and how I hoped when they read the things in their boxes that they will each get when they are adults, that President Obama will have helped to make this world better for those who must be here on terra firma.
Today I am PROUD to be an American.
always with love,
73smile :)

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]