It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: With love from Elvis
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello everyone.
I have been away for awhile but here I am to let you know how much I love and miss my ELC family. :) The boys are growing like weeds--Hayden is 2 already today and "jelly bean" will be here in the latter part of May. I have much to be thankful for and that I know for certain.
I gave myself a Valentine yesterday. I watched 6 hours of Elvis concert video from Elvis (A) 56 through The CBS Tapes. I laughed, I cried and I sighed to know I never got to see him in concert. While watching and listening Elvis go from a very young singer to giving of himself in his last concert in 1977, was both rewarding and sad. His heart was so very generous that even at 42 he went out to sing for his fans and the fans were there to watch and to listen.
My favorite 'time' is when he plays Las Vegas in 1969 and on. He was funny, he was so good to look at, to listen to, to wish happiness for him and for the One above to take care of him.
It was a Valentine that allowed me to see Elvis grow into the vocalist that he did and with only the style that Elvis could give to his fans.
Maryinthemorning: the song about Mary in the Morning came on when I put a CD in when we were leaving for bowling--I am still learning but I actually bowled a 142--the highest game I have ever bowled in my life--and Mary, it is on repeat and I will listen to it tomorrow when I am out running errands. When that song plays I think of you.
Elvis' voice is that of a beautiful man who is alive in my heart. Happy heart day back at you, Elvis. (A)
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]