It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Black Crow
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:13 am 
Phoenix

Hi there, When my father passed over 9 years ago, a black crow started visiting our house. He sits on the lamp-post (streetlight) outside and looks in the window and also sits on the garage roof and waits until I feed him. Maybe coincidental wth my father's death but I get the feeling that somehow it's some kind of sign from Dad. Dad was a farmer and told me that in this area of Scotland farmers always had a batch of trees for the crows to roost in and that if the crows left or the trees were cut down and the crows were left homeless then the crops would fail. I always get a real feeling of peace when I see my friend 'George' which is what I call him! Dad also had jet black hair like the crow's feathers and funnily enough always had very similar hairstyles to Elvis through the years......................
Just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences with animals or birds?

Post subject: Re: Black Crow
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:33 pm 
:hello: Hi Marian, what a Interesting thing to Happen. I have always heard that sometimes animals well appear to people that have Lost a Loved One. I haven't personnaly had thisd happen to me, and it well be very interesting to hear if others here have had the same experiance. :love:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:04 pm 
Sun Dial

That's very interesting. I don't have any birds that I feel come to me as my deceased relatives, but I have feathers and butterflies that appear constantly when the weather is good. A couple of weeks ago I was out on our back deck and a beautiful white feather about two inches long floated right down in front of me. There weren't any birds around at that moment never mind white ones. We don't even have any white birds around here. I took that as a hello from my mom, so I understand where you are coming from. Why couldn't it be a hello from your dad? There will always be the people who poo-poo that kind of thing. It's like faith, which is believing in something or someone you can't see, but you know with all your heart that it's real. All of us here truly know that Elvis is still with us, but there others who would call us crazy.

I do have three crows that come every morning and sit in my neighbors tall oak tree. They squwak for a handout. I enjoy them, but boy are they loud. I had a pet crow as a kid. His name was itchy. I don't know how he got that name, but he came to us with an injured wing. I was really young and I remember him, but I can't remember how long we had him or what finally happened to him. We always took care of hurt or homeless animals. We bottle fed them if they were too young and nursed the injured ones until they were better. Some of the animals we had were, raccoons, squirrels, a skunk name stinky, a crow, pet rats, about thirty dogs, (over my childhood years) probably fifty cats, chickens, a rooster, injured birds and an assortment of others. My dad being a fireman was the one people would call if they had animals that had nested in their attack or basement. They also knew they could call him with injured animals too and we would nurse them back to health. It was a beautiful childhood with all those critters around me. It taught us compassion and understanding. We felt needed and loved by all these animals. I wish every child in the world could have a pet. It's very balancing for a child to have something that depends on them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:18 pm 
:hello: Hi Laura, I to had a whole lot of Different Pets as a Child and even now. I to think that Our Loved Ones that have Crossed Over Send us Messages in Different Ways! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:09 pm 
Phoenix

Hi Laura, I think I met you a few months ago on ECN and I remember you talking then about all the various animals you looked after in your life. I grew up on a farm in Scotland and our lives were greatly influenced by caring for injured animals and birds. My sister and I found a crow chick which had fallen from its nest and we looked after it until it could fly off. We had wild rabbits, mice, ducks, weasels, 27 cats at one time (!), stray dogs, etc, etc, etc!!!
I get feathers too, just landing in front of me, not often but often enough to make me wonder...................I keep them too.
You are so right about children and animals - I have 2 kids and we have always had pets - right now we have one dog (Reuben), one cat (Billy/Puss) and our hamster (Flippy-Tumble) passed away just the other week. We also have our dear George the crow dropping by and also a blackbird called Sandy who comes to the kitchen window on the ledge and looks in to let us know he's hungry - he has been coming every day for years and is especially busy in the spring when he and his mate Lorna have chicks to feed, also when I'm out digging the garden he comes right down beside me and scrapes about for worms. The children have a great rapport with our 'wee beasties' and it is great to take a step back and just watch them interacting with the animals and birds.
Best wishes, Marian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:39 pm 
Sun Dial

Wow, Marian, I remember you now. Welcome aboard. You are a really nice person and I am glad you are here with the finest group of people you will meet anywhere. Here you can feel free to discuss anything. This is the most non judgmental group. I really lucked out the day that ELC found me. This site seemed to come to me instead of the other way around.

It's funny, besides Elvis, animals seem to be a common trait here. It seems we all love animals. Wanda is like Saint Francis. She has some REALLY funny animal stories. There are so many people here that love animals perhaps we should have an area just for all the happenings we have all had with our critter friends. :)

Well Marian, it's so nice to speak with you again and it's great to have you here. I love meeting new members to chat up a storm with.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:03 pm 
Sun Dial

Hey Rainbow Light, all I could think of when I saw your post was twins. Made me chuckle. Ha ha! :lol:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]