It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:55 pm 
Sun Dial

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. It seems like it has been a long time since I have been here. I hope all of you are doing well and have survived this crazy winter.

Life has been topsy turvy for us. My hubby is still looking for work. Boy it sure is tough out there in the job market, but I have faith. I feel sorry for the people with families to support. We don't have any children, so it's not as hard for us. Times like this make me grateful for what I DO have and not what I can't have. I am one of those people that can make do on a shoe string. I am not used to that, but it's bringing me back to my roots. I grew up in a family with six children and my dad was a fireman. We had what we needed, but didn't always have what we wanted, so this isn't much different for me right now. Times like this just bring me back to being humble. I'm afraid my husband has spoiled me all these years, so it has been a wake up call. This sounds silly, but I like all the cutting back we have had to do. It has shown me the excess I had become accustomed to, has brought me closer to God and has taught me to be more giving to the others who have less than I do.

Well, winter will be coming to a close soon (yahoo) although you'd never know it today. We had a foot of snow overnight and it's going to be in the 20's and 30's all week. Brrr! I am not a winter person at all. My bones creek all winter long and my heart yearns for the warm weather. You would think that being born and bred in New England that I would be used to it, but I never have. I truly belong under a palm tree somewhere with sand between my toes.

It has been very quiet on here, so I am thinking that others may in the same space we are. If that is so, I hope that things are looking up for you soon. Just remember we all have one thing in common and that is a beautiful man named Elvis. All I have to do is what I call Elvis hunting and I feel cheered up. Elvis hunting is searching for new information about him. I have come across some very interesting sites. I also go to amazon.com and read the reviews on the books out there. I am not buying any new books right now unless there is one I feel I just have to read, but the reviews are fun to read. There is just so much information out there to keep me busy. Has anyone here learned anything new and exciting about our friend? I found a VERY interesting site that is chock full of wonderful information about Elvis and his family. It's written by his cousin and I am really enjoying it. Here is the link:

http://www.elvisandhistory.com/Page3.html

Anyway, I hope you are all well and I hope that we can all start posting again once we come out of this winter hibernation. Have a wonderful day everyone. :D :) :bouncy:

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:56 am 
:hello: Hi Laura is sure is To Quite here Lately, and I to know all about the Rough Times Lately. It as been really Cold and we just had 5 inches of snow here in Ole Virginia, Plus I keep getting this Sinus Infection. I had it already once, and now I have it again. I to Can't Wait until Summer, I have never been a Winter Person, and I have Faith and Hope that The Lord well Turn things around to the Better in Our Country! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 pm 
Sun Dial

Hi FairyTale,

Oh, it's good to hear from you! :hello: I am sorry you have been sick. :( Sinus infections are no fun. They can be quite painful. I remember putting hot face clothes over my face and putting my face over a bowl of steaming water with a towel over my head. That must be tough though to get them recurring. I have never experienced that. I hope you feel better soon. Once the winter is over I bet we will all feel lots better. I almost think I have that seasonal affective disorder from not enough sunlight. I just seem to come alive again once the good weather comes back. I get the old bounce back in my step again. I just love the renewal that springtime brings. It gives me so much hope. I would ship you some chicken soup, but I heard it doesn't ship too well. Ha ha! :lol:

Just get better soon FairyTale, OK? Then this will be you. :bouncy: :bouncy:

Love,
Laura

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:03 pm 
:hello: Thanks Laura for Your Well Wishes, and I know that Chicken Soup would Taste Great! I'm starting to feel some Better, I'm right now Listening to Our Sweet Man Sing Love Letters and I'm Tellin' You :wink: That is Also Doing The Trick for me Getting Better! I also can't wait until Spring! :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]