It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Marie Osmond
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:28 pm 

I just read that in her new Book Marie Osmond says she believes she gets messages from Elvis. She says that one of the times was when she bruised her log on Dancing with The Stars and the bruise looked liked Elvis and she said she felt he was telling her to go on.

Apparently her mother, Olive, had a close friendship with Elvis from the Osmonds early years in Vegas and that Elvis is the one that told them to ditch their barber shop outfits and to go with outfits like he wore. :D

Since I don't recall ever reading any of the Memphis Mafia mentioning this friendship I wonder if this is a case like Wanda's. Since they didn't know anything about it well than she must be lying.

What does everyone think?

Di

PS I am thinking about telling her about this site.

Post subject: Re: Marie Osmond
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing. I seem to recall one of the Osmand's is writing a book???? and maybe this is part of the hype???????????????
I know Liberace told Elvis to find his own look and Elvis did but I have never heard of this. Where did you read about this?????
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:46 am 
Phoenix

Just found this after reading Di's post.................................

Donny Osmond: "Elvis Presley was down to earth and a really nice guy"
November 17 2007
Donny Osmond told a US entertainment show about his first encounter with Elvis Presley and how 'The King' became a family friend.

The singer told Entertainment Tonight he first met Elvis in Las Vegas. Osmond said: "I was sitting on the sofa looking at Elvis talking in that way he did and thought there's a real person. He was down to earth and a really nice guy."

Osmond also revealed how Elvis liked to check in on the family to see how they were, and even invited them round for dinner.

Donny said: "He loved calling my mum on the phone because he wanted to learn more about our family."

He added: "He invited us over to his house to cook us some steaks. But he passed in 77', three months before we were supposed to do that, so unfortunately it never happened."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting that information. I know that Lisa liked Donny and told her daddy he ought to wear his hair like him and dress like him too- that went over "big" I'll bet! Elvis did laugh telling about it though... so I don't think it bothered him as much as a few people said at the time. I like Marie Osmond, she seems to be very straight forward. As for him calling their mother, I can believe it- he'd want to ask about their family, daily lives etc: and that wasn't unusual for the guy we knew- but then, as one Memphis Monkey has said..."Elvis hated talking on the phone- he'd NEVER call up people and talk"...etc:.... Yeah, right...have a few more "bananas" dude... Sorry, I must be having a sarcasium attack or something...
Anyway, I look forward to reading a book written by the Osmonds...they had a fantastic life... all of them and some over came great handicaps to do so, it will be inspiring reading, I'm sure.
Bye,
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:44 am 
Sun Dial

I had the biggest crush on Donny Osmond when I was twelve or thirteen. I just knew I was going to marry him. :lol: I even wrote that in my diary, which I still have to this day. It's so funny to look back to 1971-1972 in my diary and look at my little girl thoughts. :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:01 pm 
:hello: :lol: You GO WANDA! I would have to say that all the MM DID WAS MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO! Because they all Did the Same Crap! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:32 pm 

I wholeheartedly agree. Like I said, "Since I don't recall ever reading any of the Memphis Mafia mentioning this friendship I wonder if this is a case like Wanda's. Since they didn't know anything about it well than she must be lying." The controlled everything or so they thought. :mrgreen:

I am happy that little by little the truth is coming out.

Di

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]