It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Out of the Mouths of Babes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:29 pm 
Phoenix

Hi there, I just thought I'd share this with you all................. :hug: My daughter, Chaela, and I were watching the '68 Special this afternoon and she turned around and asked me "Mummy, why did God choose Elvis to be a rock star?" and then without waiting for me to answer she said "Maybe God just thought that the world needed somebody special to make us happy". She's only seven years old but she comes out with some absolute gems! (A) I told her that Elvis had asked that question many a time himself.
She also said "He's stage frightened - look at his hands"! She had noticed that he was kind of jittery so I explained to her that he hadn't done a live stage show for quite a few years and that he was concerned that the audience wouldn't like the show. To that she said "Mummy, it wouldn't matter if he didn't do it right because everybody would still love him - even if he just stood there and didn't do anything". So, so true! :)
Best wishes to all! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Out of the Mouths of Babes
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

So sweet and so full of wisdom the words of your daughter, Marian!!! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!!! :D (A)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:27 am 
Sun Dial

Sometimes, I think children know more than we do. They really can be wise little beings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:41 am 
Phoenix

Too true, Laura! One time when she was around 5 years old we were snuggled up together, she turned to me and as she was talking she made a circle shape with her arms and asked "Mummy, is this a story and are we in it?" - she meant is life a story and are we just acting out our parts. Well, I was dumbstruck! We did discuss the possibilities afterwards ........................................!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:31 pm 
Sun Dial

Marian wrote:
Too true, Laura! One time when she was around 5 years old we were snuggled up together, she turned to me and as she was talking she made a circle shape with her arms and asked "Mummy, is this a story and are we in it?" - she meant is life a story and are we just acting out our parts. Well, I was dumbstruck! We did discuss the possibilities afterwards ........................................!!!

Oh My Goodness! She may as well have come right out and said, that the two of you were making a great memory for her.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:20 pm 
:D It just goes to show that even though we might not think childern can't understand or know to much, but when we hear like Marian's Daughter said about Elvis. That they indeed know and Understand a Whole Lot More then we Give Them Credit For! :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amen to that Fairytale!! :D :D :D
Thank Marian for sharing your sweet wonderful story with us! :D :D :D

Talia

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]