It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Help-The Letter By Wayne Newton Question
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:58 am 
Phoenix

Laura, There is absolutey nothing wrong with taking the 'scenic route' :!: It's like walking instead of taking the car, you normally learn and see more along the way :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:09 pm 
I know that Elvis needed some Private time to be Just That Presley's Boy, but I'm so Sad in Thinking that he never had a Women that he could just be That Presley's Boy with. That he had to shut Himself off in His BedRoom all Alone from the House he Bought with Blood, Sweat, and Tears!, I Mean it was His House!

Last edited by FairyTale on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:48 pm 
Sun Dial

Yes FairyTale, that does seem sad. His world just seemed to keep getting smaller and smaller in the later years. His situation reminds me of the song in the movie Camelot when Guenavere (sp) sings, What do the simple folk do? I mean poor Elvis didn't even know that he could buy toilet paper that was thick and cushy. He thought all toilet paper was "that slick sh**". He discovered the cushy kind when he was in Vegas and asked Charlie or one of the guys to buy a whole lot of it so he could have it at home. That was one of Wanda's funny stories. I can't find the link to it right now, but it's on this board somewhere. Imagine being on the phone with him and hearing that conversation. Wanda did. :lol:

It makes me wonder what other products he had no idea of. I wonder if he ever went incognito into a grocery store or department store. I wonder if he ever wore disguises to be able to get out. I just picture him holed up in the upstairs at Graceland, not wanting to deal with the MM antics and not even feeling comfortable enough to roam your own house. Did he even ride his horses those last few years? I have seen pictures of him riding from the 60's and early 1971 or so, but none after that time. I wonder a lot about him those last few years. I almost feel his lonliness. Imagine being the most popular person in the world and not knowing who your real friends are?

Well, he is happy now and I believe he is looking down and smiling at the wonder of all the people who still love him after all these years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:17 pm 
:hello: :lol: Laura you reminded me of something I read about this Girl asking Elvis what Type of Toilet Paper he used? I Laughed my Butt OFF! I thought Man People give him Break! He was A HUMAN BEING! Bt I do believe that Elvis was very Sneaky, Wanda as said he was and Elvis himself said he was Sneaky! So I do Very Much Believed that Elvis did get out more, then what people think they know. But he didn't get out as much or be around His House Like he should have Been! :love:

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2