It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: A day without
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Each day of my life I think of Elvis and listen to him sing. Without his joyous voice to carry me forward it would not be a rewarding day for me.
A day without Elvis does not seem as sunny
A day without Elvis is drab and dull
A day without Elvis is one that really has no clear ebb and flow but instead the day ends in a flatline.
I love listening to Elvis sing anything but I especially enjoy songs he did later like "Mary in the Morning," "Just Pretend," and "Bridge over Troubled Water." These songs and the arrangements as sung by Elvis are something that no singer can touch. Each song that Elvis sang he put his own STAMP on the words and the song then is associated with Elvis.
Beauty. Faith. Joy. Generosity. Love. Confidence. Happy. Lonely. Amazing and so many others can be used to describe Elvis Presley as a man, as a friend, as a father and as an entertainer.
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: A day without
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm 
:hello: Marjorie I'm listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water right now, andI know exactly what you mean when ever Elvis sings a song he make it his own. Because once you Hear Elvis Sing a Song Know one well ever sing that song right ever again! :love:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 pm 
Pharaoah

That's exactly how I feel about Elvis.
In fact I have no words to describe how dear he is to me, how much I love him.
I have his photo next to my bed. His face is the first thing look at when I wake up and it is the last thing I look at before I go to sleep. I cannot imagine my life without him. He is my support, my everything.
I never tell this to people around me. In fact, I have never even told the people I work with that I'm a fan. I know that when I'd tell anyone how I feel about Elvis they'd think I'm nuts. When I was a teenager i used to tell everyone how I felt and people start calling me Elvis. I hated that. So when i grew older I just stopped talking about Elvis. Only my close relatives know, but even then I never go into how I really feel.
And when I bump into someone who used to know me way back, when I was a teenager, and when that person asks me if I'm still such a huge fan, I just tell them that I grew up.
But in fact, my heart belongs to Elvis. It always has and it always will.
Last year I had to have an operation and the doctors had to put me to sleep. Just before I went out I thought about Elvis, because I said to myself that if I'd die on the operating table, if I had to leave this world Elvis should be the one I last thought of.
And I hope that when I really leave this world I will be with him.

And perhaps you will all consider me crazy after this confession, but I can't help feeling like this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Renenutet, you are very sincere and you have true devotion and pure love :hello: , that is a wonderful soul-quality

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

If we did not all care so much for Elvis then there would be no ELC!! Elvis greets me as soon as I open my eyes as he is everywhere in my bedroom. It is my Elvis Bedroom and some might think it is how a teenager would decorate a room but I do not care. I love Elvis and having his image around me is a positive start to my day so do not fret over what others think!!
Elvis has all of our hearts and he always will!!
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm 
:D It is the same with Me, Every Corner of My Living Room is Covered with Elvis. My Computer as only Elvis on it, and my Coin Purse and My Key Chain, all have Elvis on them. But I have gotten good reponsises from people, when they see my coin purse or Key Chain. Because these same people are also Fans, and I'm not ashamed in telling anyone How Much I Love Elvis and Renenutet Please just Hold your Head up High and Feel Sad for these People that are Making Fun of You. If I were You, I would tell them hey you don't know want your Missing Out On! :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]