It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dear Elvis,
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dearest Elvis,

I am writing to tell you that I was listening to the songs you recorded at American Studio today and for me the STAMP that you put on any song made it yours forever. For me there is soul, rock n roll, and gospel that mix up just FINE in the American CD. I hear sadness, I hear laughter, some regret but most of all I hear your voice singing with beauty, with grace and with love. Your voice can make me cry, laugh, sad, happy and much more.........
I miss you more than usual today. I do not know if it is because Elizabeth will become a mom soon or if it is due to me just wishing you were here.
This may make you laugh a little: at the baby shower on April 25th one of the gifts that Elizabeth was given was a Friend For Life bear dressed in a nightgown that had "Love Me Tender" on it and the bear was wearing bunny slippers and a pink sweater. Elizabeth, who is sadly a country fan, and not an Elvis fan said: "No card but this has to be from my mom because it is about Elvis. My mom and dad love Elvis. My eldest sister, who was seated in the back of the room, said loudly enough that Elvis is still here, he is still selling music and is still making people forget their troubles." :D :D
So many groups and individuals have come and gone and many, many shower guests clapped!!! We all know a one of a kind man when we hear or see one.
It is a cold day here in Michigan. It seems like we are jumping from winter straight to summer like the state did a couple of years ago. Rain and cool and a day of sun then three of cool and wet again. When there is a rare blue sky I look up and recall the vision you saw when the group of you stopped for a rest when headed back to Graceland one time and I wonder what you see now. Soon enough I suppose I will know, and so will all who love and miss you so very much.
I miss you very much today. :(
always with love, :love:
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: Dear Elvis,
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:29 am 
:hello: I'm so sorry Marjorie for Missing This One, but I know just how You Feel and Understand every word you have just said. I Miss Elvis Every Day, But with Mchael Jackson's Death Bring Back e Memories of When Elvis Left I'm Missing So Much More. :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]