It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 27 days early
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Our granddaughter decided to be born 27 days early. We got the call to travel about 90 minutes south of us at 9 p.m. May the 4th. Madelynn Ardith Roush was born in birthing room 6 at 12:36 p.m. on May the 5th, she weighed 6# and 6 ounces and she measured 19 and 1/2" long. She has brown hair with red tints. Her eyes are dark blue gray right now but will more than likely be either a mixed green or bright blue like her daddy's eyes.
She had the cord around her neck but the doctors say she is just fine. Her Apgar score is a 9 out of 10, she is learning to feed at the breast and she lets person around her know she is there. When the nurse poked her for the typical sugar test Madelynn screamed so all in the room would understand that poking is not a good thing, but once snuggled back up to her mommy's chest she calmed right down.
We are blessed by the One above and we thank him and his "helpers" for granting our prayers of a healthy little girl. Ardith is the name of Walter's only sibling who passed in 1996. Elizabeth spent a lot of her growing up years doing things with aunt/grandma Ardith and that is why they chose Ardith to be Madelynn's middle name.
Walter and I were up a long time and we will feel almost normal by tomorrow sometime as there was no place to rest at the hospital so we were up from about 7 a.m. on the 4th until after 9:30 p.m. on the 5th.
It is a good thing I had her baby shower on the 25th of April.
I am tired and off to bed. Thank you all who helped by praying for a healthy baby and a healthy mommy.
always with love,
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: 27 days early
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 pm 
Sun Dial

Congratulations Grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you have been anticipating this happy time since you learned of it. Great news that mom and baby are just fine. Grandma sounds like she is over the moon with happiness. Now the fun begins for you. You get to buy frilly dresses and all the girly things you can think of. Blessings to you and your family at this most happy time. :bouncy: :bouncy:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 pm 

Congratulations and may God Bless your new grandchild.

Di

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes I am over the moon, the sun and whatever else is out there!! (A)
We get to spend time at Elizabeth's and Madelynn and Matthew tomorrow and that is so exciting. We have not gotten to hold her yet so that will make grandma's heart feel better.
She is so tiny.
Jeff and family will be in town the first weekend in June so cousins can "meet and her Aunt and Uncle. Katie has a sister who lives not far from Elizabeth and Jeff and Katie have a college couple they will also visit so they have chose to stay at a hotel near Liz's so they do not overwhelm the new set of parents.
I hate that Elizabeth has to go back in the fall to teach but the reality today is both people have to work unless they are millionaires!
I want to thank all of you so much and the One above and our special Elvis for this beautiful early but precious gift.
I am off to bed as today we drove up 2 hours north to spend the day with my brother who has Parkinson's. A horrible disease. So sad watching him go from a robust man to a man shuffling and talking now at a whisper.
None of us know what tomorrow will bring to us and so we pray that the One above hears our prayers.
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]