It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heard it All
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 pm 

I don't think it will ever end. Now I heard about an auction of Elvis pill bottles from Dr. Nick.

When I think I have heard it all something else pops up. :cry:

Di

Post subject: Re: Heard it All
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I know what you mean. I look at the junk that is for sale on Elvis.com and I shudder because I believe Elvis would have been very disgusted that his musical legacy seems to be a sidebar to his image on a lighter, a shirt, a wallet, a mat for an entrance door, a bottle opener and so much for sale there that I was feeling quite frustrated by the time I had clicked on about 6 categories and talk about tacky!!
Selling pill bottles by Dr. Nick is no surprise---the only surprise is that he did not cash in until now.
Elvis was a beautiful man with a heart that was generous to a fault and he did not want to really believe that the people he had working for him would use him as they have and still are.
I do think, mvoo, that Elvis did leave some type of log or journal and that it is hidden deep someplace so it will not be found. There are a number of persons who could have it to savor it to benefit himself or HERSELF and also to make certain Elvis' thoughts and feelings will never see the light of day.
The selling of the pill bottles is sickening and I would guess there will be things even worse on the way for sale in our lifetime.
I feel really sad for Elvis that these people used him while he was alive and are stilling using him in death. He trusted them all.
I know that Elvis is in a much better place but I often wonder how anyone who would stoop to do what people who were supposed to be there for him, can actually sleep at night. Must be something heavy duty that knocks them out unless they are the type who feel no guilt for what they did and what some are still doing. :(

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]