It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: missing my angels..
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi my dear angels..
Wanted you to know that finally we're moving our house,not to a perfect one but it's ours and not in a crowded area,has a small garden, a two storey with 5 bedrooms ,yet I don't feel like it's the right place for us but we couldn'd afford a better one so we'll try to make it our place for a while.Unfortunately dad is not in our reality anymore because of his Parkinson' and Alzheimer',he's living in his hallucinations and can't move around,can't even stand up,almost always in bed and we're trying hard to avoid the bed sores, mom is too tired and it's not good for her heart so we can't even enjoy our new house.Hope at least our cats can and won't reject to be there,we have two more kitties one was abondened other was found by my bro crawling on his belly cause his legs were broken but they both are in good condition now, playing and running around.Just hoping to get settle down soon and find some spare time to be here to talk to my friends and to paint and draw again,it's been too long since I've done something for my pleasure.I miss you all and hope all of you are happy and healthy.hug y'all my angels..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject: Re: missing my angels..
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm 
:hello: Lighthouseseeker, it is so Very Wonderful to See you and you have been Very Much Missed. I'm Happy for you that you have a Found a New House, and I well be Praying for your Father. So you have Cats to? I do to I have 2 Brother and Sister! I know you have probably Noticed how Quite it is here at ELC? I have been checking in about every day to see if anyone as done any Posting, and I never see to Many, I think we Members need to Pray for the Group and Forum that we Be Exctied about how Lucky we all are here to have a Person like Wanda that had a FriendShip with Elvis, and as been welling to Share it with Us! So Lighthouseseeker I hope I see you more, and I hope to see Everyone Else Start Posting more. :hug:

Last edited by FairyTale on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hello.

In the town that I was raised in we lived in a 2 story house that had 3 bedrooms and a large open floor area upstairs. In 1957 they paid $2800. for it. My dad had put a large vent in the floor so heat from a coal stove might get to the open area. In the winter one learned to wear socks to bed and to hurry up and get dressed in the winter.
At that time there were 10 children under age 16 to raise. The older boys had gone into the service or they were married. My dad died in 1960. He was a cobbler by nature. He could figure out how to fix most anything but he never did create a better way to get heat upstairs in the winter.
When I was reading your post it brought back memories of sleeping in a bed with 4 sisters and the boys still at home had a bed in a second bedroom and then mother and dad had a room.
It was an old and very cluttered house but that is what we had.
Are you to have a room of your own??? I am happy that at least you have more room!!
That was just a dream when I was growing up on 11th and Union Streets.
Be safe,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

ZEY !!!!! SO GLAD TO SEE YOU POST, AND TO KNOW YOU HAVE FOUND A HOUSE- IT SOUNDS QUITE NICE TO ME, FIVE BEDROOMS! WOW, AND A GARDEN
AREA. MOST OF ALL, NOT NEAR A LOT OF PEOPLE/NOISE- THOSE ARE BIG THINGS AT TIMES. i PRAY FOR YOUR FATHER'S RELEASE, IT CAN'T BE A GOOD THING FOR ANYONE AND WHEN SUZY BEGAN TO GO TO THAT STRANGE PLACE, IT WAS BETTER FOR HER TO GO THOUGH IT BROKE SO MANY HEARTS IN LOSING HER PRESENCE. SHE IS STILL WITH US, I KNOW THAT THOUGH HAVE NOT DREAMED OF HER MUCH AT ALL. SO MANY FRIENDS AND FAMILY WERE AHEAD OF HER PASSING, SHE'S PLENTY BUSY GETTING AROUND TO THEM ALL-SURE OF THAT! I HOPE YOU WILL SETTLE IN AND FIND HAPPINESS THAT YOU HAVE NOT HAD FOR SO LONG NOW ZEY. i THINK OF YOU DAILY, I HOLD YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO THE LIGHT AND PRAY FOR ALL THINGS TO COME THAT ARE GOOD AND PEACEFUL. THIS MIGHT BE THE BEGINNING OF A BRIGHTER LIFE AHEAD. IT FEELS THAT WAY TO ME. I WOULD SURE LIKE TO SEE YOU DOING YOUR ART AGAIN- YOU ARE A TRUE ARTIST FROM THE HEART AND SOUL OF YOUR BEING. I THINK YOU TOUCH THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR TALENT AND INSIGHT ZEY, YOU ARE ONE OF THE SPECIAL ONES. YOUR MOM IS HURT RIGHT NOW, AND TIME DRAGS WHEN ONE IS HURT SO. YOU TOO ZEY, BUT BEING YOUNGER YOU ARE THE LOAD BEARER AND YOU'VE GOT THE STRENGTH TO DO IT. YOUR BROTHER AS WELL, THERE IS A REASON YOU ARE THERE FOR YOUR MOM AND DAD, THAT YOU HAVE A CLOSE FAMILY TIE AND CONNECTION WITH EACH OTHER. YOU ARE BRAVE AND CARRY IT WELL.
IF YOU CAN GET HOLD OF A SHEEP SKIN PAD- FOR A BED OR EVEN A SHEEP SKIN RUG THAT IS CLEANED ETC:... YOUR FATHER WOULD BENEFIT FROM IT- SHEEPSKIN HAS OILS IN IT THAT SOOTHE AND PREVENT BED SORES SINCE IT DOESN'T CAUSE FRICTION. iT IS VERY HARD TO KEEP BEDSORES AWAY- I KNOW THAT. i GOT A SHEEP SKIN PAD FOR SUZY BECAUSE HER ELBOWS AND HIPS THAT HAD NO FLESH TO SPEAK OF WERE BECOMING SORE JUST FROM THE SHEETS. THIS WAS IN THE RFETIREMENT HOME WHERE SHE GOT GOOD CARE AND HER OWN PRIVATE ROOM, IT WAS LIKE A FINE HOTEL AND i USED TO TELL HER SHE WAS LIVING MY DREAM BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS DONE FOR HER AND SHE HAD TIME TO DO WHAT SHE WANTED WITHOUT BEING INTERRUPTED. BUT SHE SOON BECAME UNABLE TO READ OR KEEP UP WITH TELEVISION AND SO IT WAS BORING TO HER THOUGH SHE WENT DOWN AND CHATTED WITH PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. SHE HATED HER ROOM BECAUSE IT WAS LONELY THERE. aNYWAY, THE SHEEP PAD STOPPED THE SORES AND THEN i GOT ANOTHER FOR HER FEET AND HER HEELS DIDN'T GET SORE AFTER THAT EITHER. THEY ALSO MAKE SHEEPSKIN COVERS FOR CHAIRS- SOME ARE NOT REAL, BUT THEY WILL WORK IF YOU CAN PUT OLIVE OIL OR ALMOND OIL OR EVEN SALVE THAT HAS SHEEP OIL IN IT, ON THE PADS, RUB IT IN WELL AND USE THEM UNDER YOUR DAD'S CRITICAL AREAS. i HAVE A TWIN SIZE SHEEP SKIN COVER THAT i USED FOR sUZY AND ANOTHER LADY FRIEND WHO PASSED NOT LONG AGO- i CAN SEND IT TO YOU ZEY IF YOU WILL GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS. iT IS NOT N EW, BUT IT IS CLEAN AND IS WASHABLE ON GENTLE CYCLE- IT HAS BEGUN TO SHED A BIT BUT NOT ANYTHING TOO B AD. yOU CAN PUT IT BENEATH THE SHEET WHERE HE LAYS TOO, AS LONG AS THE SHEET IS THIN AND NOT "CRISP" NEW...ONE THAT IS WELL WASHED OVER SOME TIME. tHAT IS SO THE NATURAL OILS IN THE SHEEP WOOL CAN DO THEIR JOB AND PROTECT THE SKIN FROM "LAYING HEAVY" AS THE NURSE SAID TO ME.LET ME KNOW AND i WILL SEND IT POST HASTE! i USED IT TWO WINTERS AGO- IT SURE WAS NICE AND SOFT AND THEN MY FRIENDS NEEDED IT MORE THAN i DID. i ORIGINALLY BOUGHT IT FOR JIMMIE'S SISTER WHO USED IT FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS AND IT TOOK CARE OF HER BED SORES ALSO. sHE PASSED AWAY SHORTLY AFTER IT WAS PUT ON HER BED BUT SHE ENJOYED IT ALOT FOR A LITTLE WHILE.
IT MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE USED IT. i WOULD LOVE TO SEND IT TO YOUR DEAR DADDY TO USE AND THEN IF IT HOLDS UP, YOUR MOM WOULD LOVE IT TOO AS IT IS SO SOOTHING AND IS WARM IN WINTER AND COOL IN SUMMER.
gOSH, IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU VIA POSTING ZEY~ i HAVE E-MAILED YOU BUT THEY COME BACK, AND i THOUGHT SOMETHING OR PERHAPS THE GOV. IS CENSORING E-MAILS FROM THE US TO TURKEY OR SOMETHING. oNE NEVER KNOWS THESE DAYS WHAT IS GOING ON.
pLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH...THINGS ARE SLOW BUT THE WORLD IS IN A BIT OF A TURMOIL ALL OVER- EVERYTHING IS CHANGING AND TIGHT AND SO PEOPLE AFRE BUSY WITH DAILY LIVING TRIALS ETC:. tHAT IS WHY THINGS ARE SLOW ON ELC I THINK, USING COMPUTERS COST MONEY, SO THEY HAVE TO CUT BACK IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE AND THAT'S ONE WAY-STAYING OFF LINE. eVERYONE IS SAYING THEIR SITES ARE SLOWED DOWN AND THINGS AREN'T SELLLING AS SWELL EITHER UNLESS THEY ARE REALLY BARGAINS COMPARED TO STORE STUFF.
wELL, BYE, AND GOD BLESS YOUR NEW HOME. i WILL ASK FOR AN ANGEL OR TWO TO STAND GUARD.
LOVE YA,
WJH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

As many of you know my now eldest brother, Don, has had Parkinson's for about 7 years and this past year started the even more horrible walk with Alzheimer's. Seeing my brother who was always active in a physical and also very mentally active reduced to not knowing us and the very rare time(s) he does know one of us, reminds me He is still in his physical body and I wonder what must he be feeling? I believe he has to feel lost and that all he has known has gone away somehow. His eyes, sometimes, reflect that there is nothing in there---a vacant look---but then other days his eyes tell me he is in there.
I have been going to see Walter's cousin, Paula, who lives about a mile or so from us. She is 83 but until 2 years ago we got together a few times a year for pizza, pie and politics. Paula was self-taught and knew more about history then most of us when we got together. Very sharp mind. Very vocal and a loving, loving friend and woman. Paula's Alzheimer's takes her to the dark place of being forced, by being dragged from the home, to watch the Nazis slowly kill her 15 year old brother. Somehow and with much help Paula was able to get to America, was married with 4 children when her husband, Walter's cousin die at age 48 of a sudden heart attack. To finish raising the kids Paula worked 3 jobs: cleaning homes for the wealthy up in St. Clair, sorting parts at a factory and working for Hallmark doing the dispalys for stores selling Hallmark products and also working some hours as a cashier at a drugstore in town.
When I see Paula light up because I have come, even though she does not remember me clearly or at times not at all; it makes me feel that if I only I can keep her from the dark place today for awhile then I will have done something worthwhile.
Every person who has Alzheimer's presents in different degrees of it and Paula's is severe as she can no longer be left alone. She is still wearing a bandage from stitches she had to have after falling and hurting herself.
For all of our family on ELC I believe it is possibly a test by the One above to see what we really are made of---in our hearts.
I do not know if that makes sense but that is what it feels like to me.
We all have to try to believe that the victim of Alzheimer's is being comforted by the One above even though we can not see it.
always with love,
73smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:31 pm 
73mile I know it seems as though our Trials are to Hard to Bear some times, But it says in the Bible that the Lord well only put us through Trials that we can Handle. So I do think to like you said, that we do have our Faith Tested at Times. But if We are Stand Fast and True, and Not let the Devil put Doubt and Fear into our Hearts. Then if we put it all in the Lords Hands, we well come through these Trials with Flying Colors! I well be asking the Lord that he Helps you through these Trying Times! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You speak the truth through the One above, FairyTale. WE are tested constantly, I believe.
We just have to try harder when we wobble in our belief that the One above is always there for all of us no matter what or why or when.
:hug: 73smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

thank you all my sweet friends ...Wanda thank you too for offering me the shipskin cover, you're such a caring person but first I want to learn if I could find it here, then I'll let you know.hug you all.. :hug:

For a heavenly cause

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]