It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spyware & Pop-up problems
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm getting tons of pop up adds whenever I visit this site. Every couple of seconds there's a pop up add or at least a pop up entry attempt. I don't have this with problem with any other sites I visit (other than the occasional pop-up), so this is why I was thinking spyware & spammers have hacked into this forum site, as opposed to my computer. Has anyone else run into this problem?. I've noticed it the past couple of days.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: spyware
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

No, I have spyware from MSM called WEBROOT and it found 65 spys on my computer the first day-plus a LIVE person was going through my computer to other places! I didn't know that was possible-thats why when I would shut down my computer would tell me there were other people using my computer and if I shut down they would lose their work-I always shut down fast! Now it filters everything-only what I say can get through-everything else goes to the junk file and I can delete them and they don't get to open anything. The only one so far that gets through is the ring tone offer one-but even it is limited as to what it can do. The Spy finder thing only lets the ELC notices through and people I list. Works great-it is an obnoxious ugly thing showing up everytime I turn on and it's hard to get it to go away because it wants to "check" every time too. But it's like a dog who won't stop jumping on me-I keep ordering it to go and finally it will shut up and go away. wjh

Post subject: Spyware
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks, Wanda, I will look into this MSM Webroot. Could be just a coincidence that I was always getting attacked while on the ELC forum, past few days anyhow. I ran a spyware check after posting the above & did delete some kind of spying download. So far, it's been quiet, so maybe that did the trick. Interesting what you said about someone hyjacking & using your computer from a distance. Scary stuff.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]