It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hello foks...been awhile
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:11 pm 
I just wanted to let you all know of some recent Elvis happenings for me. Here in Las Vegas, I relax with some friends on the weekends. This one older fella to whom I have known for a couple of years overheard me speak of Elvis.
He told me that he was a body Guard for Elvis from 1970-1972. I really dont want to give names or such. However I will tell you all a couple things he told me.

The floor of which Elvis's suite was in the Las Vegas Hilton is still owned by EPE.

He spoke about what it was like to talk with Elvis. Seems that my friend and Elvis were stationed in the same area of Germany. He said that they spoke alot about thoes times. He said that Elvis was very sentimental. When he spoke of his mother he would cry. Also that Elvis was soft spoken, and it took alot to get him angry. He also spoke of some of time times he would watch Elvis from back stage. He said otherwise he was always one step ahead of Elvis.
Anyhow I know this man to be honest and forthright. I felt so special. He was telling me these things. It was like Elvis was around somewhere and giving him the ok to talk about him.
Other then this...I have been just going through the motions with my new job with the school district. I have Elvis on my MP3. Its nice to have Elvis around me. One day I want to by a 1969 Chevy Chevelle like my beloved grandmother had. You can bet the first song that will be heard from that car will be from Elvis !

Post subject: your friend
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:13 am 
Site Admin

Great that you met someone who knew Elvis behind the scenes as well as on. And that he knew the same guy I did and as we all think he was... Always glad to hear from you, and wondered where you were when it was such a long time. I know it's tough having to work out there in Vegas- it's real pretty to look at but when you're there a long time, the "ugly" side shows sometimes. I can't get over how it's grown! Houses everywhere and once down in the tracts-one can't believe one isn't in Orange county Ca... It's so weird as to when Elvis was there-and then we thought it was big!
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:30 am 
Vegas is huge as compaired to what you might have remembered. Its certainly not the las Vegas you remember. The housing prices out here have skyrocketed.
I moved out here from my home state of New Jersey in May 1992. I could have gotten a house for less then 150 thousand. Now you cant touch a house for less the 275.
Many of the old time casions on the strip are all but gone. Next to go is the Stardust. I am sure if Elvis was still around, he would hardly reconise the Vegas Stip.
And yes work can get quite tiering in my chosen profession. I look at this message board just about everyday, but dont always have the imput or energy to post a reply. Anyhow I will be around !

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you are with us, Mark...we don't have alot of male energy here, so your contribution is especially appreciated! :D

P.S. I can one-up you here in Kaua'i as far as real estate prices are concerned. In Hawai'i you live in a shack for less than about $350,000. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:49 pm 
I know there in Hawai'i it's very expensive to live. Elvis loved it there. Who wouldnt. As far as male energy, am I the only Man on this board??? I think it can be hard for some men to get into that spiritual part of themself.

Mark
Las vegas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 pm 
Well in my chosen profession I am surrounded by women. And boy are territorial. Anyhow I hop a good amount of people come over to this board and discover it. Its nice to speak with people who actually knew Elvis and how he was spiritually

Mark
Lost Wages

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]