It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Memphis Trip
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:36 pm 
Phoenix

Well, hello there, My it's been a long, long time, How'm I doin?, Well I guess I lost my mind, It's been so long now, And it seems that, It was only yesterday, Oh, ain't it funny how time slips away..............

Hi Everyone! It has been a long time since I posted anything here but I have been thinking about you all. When we got back from our Memphis trip at the end of April, things went kind of loopy here for us. First of all we lost an Aunt, then one of my partner's best friends died and then another two close friends followed them to the other side.
Personally, I was on a major 'downer' not only because of the grief of losing so many people in such a short space of time but our trip to Memphis also had a major effect on me. I can't remember which of you said that life would never be the same again after being to Graceland but how true that is...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibNHRbrWDoA

I have posted a link to 'youtube' - if it doesn't work, I'm sorry - maybe some of you are familiar with 'The High Kings'-"Galway to Graceland" - if not, it's worth looking up - it kind of sums up how I was feeling.

I felt so comfortable at Graceland, like I was meant to be there - and Memphis was an amazing city. I can fully understand why Elvis loved it so much although I'm sure it has changed a lot since his days - the vibrancy of the people and the place..............every step I took I was conscious that he may well have trodden the same path. I cried a lot and laughed a lot - sometimes separately, sometimes together!

We went twice to Graceland and on the second day it was very quiet because there was a huge religious convention on in town. Anyway, in the 'Jungle Room' there was no-one else there not even security and I swear I heard Elvis laughing...............
Anyway, I am glad to be back and I am looking forward to reading all the stuff I have missed on this wonderful site! :D :hug: Love to you all, Marian
P.S. I will try to post some of my photos if I can work out how to do it in the near future! And I have lots more to tell you about the trip.

Post subject: Re: Memphis Trip
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :D Marian My Sweet Lady it is just Fantastic to see you here, and you have been so Missed. Yes there as been some Wonderful Changes to ELC since you were here last, so Please do check everything out that is New here. I can't wait to hear and see more of your trip to Memphis, I have yet to go myself I have been there in my Dreams, but not in person or Body! I have heard of different people say they have heard Elvis before in the Jungle Room, and I have heard they have had some Elvis Experience in the Racquetball Ball Court to. I do Hope and Pray I make it to GraceLand before I die, I want to go to Tupelo to. I'm sorry to hear that you have lost so many Family Members, if you need to talk or anything Please pm me or email me. Now you probably know me as FairyTale, but I have a New Name now that Our Special Angel Elvis gave me. So my New Name is Rose-Lyn, and if you want to read how I got this New Name go into the Topic If I can Dream. Our RainBowLight is now the New Administrator now for ELC, but she left on Sunday for a short vacation and she wanted me to Old the Fort for her until she gets back home on the 20th of Sept. So Marian I'm so Happy to have you Back with us! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:21 am 
Phoenix

:hello: Hi Rose-lyn, thankyou for your kind words! When I read about your name change I immediately thought of Rosslyn Chapel which is here in Scotland, near Edinburgh. The chapel has a very interesting history and even 'starred' in 'The Da Vinci Code' movie with its connections to Freemasonry. Apparently one of the functions of collegiate chapels such as this was to 'spread intellectual and spiritual knowledge'.
http://www.rosslynchapel.org.uk/
Now we all know Elvis was very interested in symbology so I wondered if there is a hidden message in his choice of name for you :?: .
Back to Graceland...........the Racquetball Court is where I totally broke down in tears, I was fine in the lounge area but when I went down into the court area I was just overcome by emotion. Despite there being probably about 30-40 people in there I was the only one crying. Something just came over me, I can't explain it.
Rose-lyn, I never thought that I would get to Graceland either but things just fell into place and it happened, so I am sure that if you just keep believing then it will happen for you too :) .
Lots of love, Marian :hug: Be back soon :!:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Marian, Thank You Sharing that Link to The Rosslyn Chapel. What A Beautiful Place, Yes I know that Elvis did have a Very Special Message connected to my New Name. If you would go to The If I can Dream Section, you well see what The Message was for me. I do Keep Hoping and Praying that I will be able to go to GraceLand, I have heard that so Many People have said that they have Gotten so Emotional in The Racquetball Court. I wonder if it as something to do with that being the Last place Elvis was on the 16th of August or just why this Happens? :love:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 pm 
Phoenix

:) Hi Rose-lyn, I found the post about your name change message from Elvis. You must feel blessed having him bestow that beautiful, meaningful name on you.....
Boy, have I got such a lot to catch up on.............. :!: :love:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Believe me Marian I'm still not over with what happened, and while RainBowLight was telling me want Elvis was saying I got a Chill from the Top of my Head to the Bottom of my Feet! Yes I really do Feel Very Blessed, and I know Sue - RainBowLight didn't put this part in to want she put in the If I can Dream Section. But When Elvis told her to tell me that I was a Very Special Lady to him and that he Appreciated My Love, My Devotion, and How I Honored his Memory. I just started Crying. So I'm just so Thankful that he as let us all know here at ELC, that he isn't that far from us. :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

It certainly is great! So like him, always giving people "other" names, nick names he chose for various reasons, some that didn't seem obvious at all, but to him it "fit". And at times he changed them until he found the "one" that was right for the person. He called me Strawberry at first, then dropped it to Berry and then he seldom said my name, but called me "woman" if he was agitated at something I said etc: and used "pet terms" like sugar, baby,darlin' if he was being very mello and warm hearted or being personal I guess is the right word to use. Anyway, it was his nature to want to give the "right names" to people according to their "magnetic vibration" which he said could change over time, and sometimes one needed to change the name some to make it "fit" the new vibration and give a better state of mind etc:. Always for the best, he never went back to old ones afterward either. Just like music soothes the harmonic nature of the people, animals and planet he said, names should be the most harmonic to go with the person's personality and spiritual make up. I wish I had all those many things written down that he would say, sometimes like lecturing but they were always interesting and made sense. He never did seem "crazy" to me- I thought he was gifted and had great spiritual depth and insight into people and life it's self. Yet, so many who were a round him all the time, say he was driving everyone crazy with his wild carryings on and so much hoo-hoo about spiritual whatever etc:. They just didn't get it... but he did.
In time he gave up on most of them, and said one day they would get a slap in the face that would put them to their knees and maybe then, they'd take it up with God and understand what they were missing. I guess that some did.
I will always remember how the entire Las Vegas showroom could fill with the power of holy love when he pulled off those gospel songs at the peak of his strength and hit every note full blast, straight from that big heart of his. The place was filled with it and people were getting goose bumps and shivering!
And Elvis himself would be trembling as well, but he'd do it again and it would only increase the feeling going through the room. Waitresses stopped to watch and listen, they were affected as well- women and men at that.
He surely did have the "gift" and it was glorified in him then and I think it still is only more so now that he is free to come and go- so many people all over the world are having "Elvis experiences" and some of them are really powerful ones.
Like the lady who had a car wreck and her leg was nearly cut off, she was trapped in her car and could not get out or reach her leg that was gushing blood. Suddenly she said there was a man, who reached in the broken window and pressed his fingers into the wound onto the broken blood vessel, holding it shut while help was arriving. She said he had dark blond hair and very blue eyes, he told her to lie still, take deep breaths and try to calm her heart and she would be alright-help was on the way. She said he spoke English though she spoke French and barely knew English but she understood every word he said. He told her she would be alright, her leg would be saved and she would be fine again. The rescue arrived and took over, the man who stopped the bleeding was not to be seen and she never knew who he was...but he saved her life she was told as she would have bled out rapidly had he not showed up.
She said when he smiled he lit up. He told her "I won't leave you darlin', just relax and take some deep breaths- you will be okay, see, it's stopped bleedin' already." The weird part was she said that the rescue men could not remember even seeing another man there when they arrived... just found that "she had held a towel tightly to her wound and that had stopped the bleeding." She said it was "the man who held it there-no her." So, who was it? She a year or so later found a book in the bookstore that had several stories of Elvis Presley doing good deeds for people in need- after his death. She believes it was he and that he had come to her because she had heard him singing on the car radio that morning and discovered she really liked his voice and singing style.
The wreck was later that night- could her mind have brought the image to her and she thought it was him-or was it him? So many people have had similar experiences with loved ones in their lives who have passed on, and they return to be of assistance when needed- so why not him? He considered his fans his family... loved them and cared about them. so...makes sense to me.
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:51 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thank You Wanda for your Words on how Elvis would give people he Loved and Cared about Pet Names or Nicknames that Fit that Person, one thing that stood out for me is when you said that if he got Agitated he would say Women to you. When he Told Sue- RainBowLight that it was Time for a Change, and just by how he must have sounded. To me sounds just like when he would say Women to you, like in a Authoritative Voice, I knew right then it Truly was Elvis. Sue also said that just before Elvis spoke to her, she seen a Silhouette or a Out Line of someone standing in front of her window. She also said before this happened she felt someone brush her hand, so not only did he give me a New Name for ELC but I have been wanting a Visit from Elvis. So he did that to! :D :love:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:13 pm 
Phoenix

:hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:57 pm 
Phoenix

:hello: I have been trying to post some photos of my trip but keep getting the message that the files are too big..............but I'm not gonna let that stop me, I'll find a way! Wish me luck, please :? :hug:

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next