It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: why is naomal after my precious plate ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

If Elvis Helped you get this Plate then there wouldn't be No Amount of Money, that would let me Sale it. I know I don't have anything really that Awesome of Elvis things, but I wouldn't never even Dream in Saleing any of it. So Like Sue said Stick to your Guns Girl! :love:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Some Elvis plates do have value and it is increasing. I have never seen that plate with him wearing the karate gi- I would NOT sell it to anyone, no matter if they were on their knees, drooling and begging... It could be and probably is, very rare with few of them made. Just say it's dear to your heart and you are not ready to part with it at this time. And nothing else, don't let him continue to "badger" you about it JulieSharonRose. Stand firmly and know you are right to do so.

Starla has a plate collection, but it's not complete- she only got the ones she liked the most and by only two artists whom she thought captured him and the moment well. The pink Cadillac picture of instance, is worth several hundred dollars and there is another one that she does not have that is worth even more- I think it is the one from the 68 special, black suit but not sure about that now.
It is strange how some things become very desirable and others one might think, do not. However, those plates will never be made again, so they are all pretty nifty to have. On the Roseanne television show there was the pink caddy one hanging on the wall of their dining/room kitchen area. I thought that was an "original" idea by the set designer! I hope they know it was a valuable piece- it suddenly disappeared off the wall later, and I wondered???? Elvis things have a "way of going missing" and sometimes by those one would least suspect... Keep that in mind, also. wjh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have the 68 special plate that I bought at a garage sale and in perfect condition for $2.00. It is in my Elvis/bedroom with all my other Elvis things. We were not going to stop at that garage sale because we were running late for a graduation open house but something told me to stop anyway. That is where I bought the plate.
I would agree that Elvis in the karate outfit is rare so keep it. It brings you pleasure and that is reason enough to hold on to it!!!
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]