It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Three Presley Women - Beauty and Beyond?
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so my opinions are strictly that...just the way I see it...

Priscilla was and Lisa is strikingly beautiful. They would probably seem so through most eyes. However, to me 16 year old Riley is "beyond beauty." She is to me, what I would call a "classic" beauty. My definition of that would be a face that radiates a unique presence...perfect poise, depth of spirit shining from within that seems to capture eons of time. A face that can look many different ways and yet come together in a point of breathless singularity. A FACE LIKE ELVIS PRESLEY'S for example.

While Lisa looks much more like Elvis, complete with his mannerisms, etc. to me she does not hold up under my definition of "classic beauty." Riley does. The litmus test question I would ask myself: Can I see Priscilla or Lisa in the role of Helen of Troy (I know Elvis compared Pris with Helen, but not in my opinion!) or one of the Muses or as an Oracle of Delphi? How about a greek goddess? My answer to myself would be no. When I ask that question about Riley I get a resounding YES. As she matures I feel that her beauty will be even more classical with maturity.

Riley has so many different "faces" already. Between Elvis and Pris, though, she more often looks like Priscilla I think...only far more soft and deep.

I felt it was time to add a photo gallery just for Riley on ELC:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/riley.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

so here are some pics I made..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

Really nice comparisons! I do see the resemblance there! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:28 am 
maia, I looked at your "Riley" page and it is fantastic!!! It is incredible how many different looks she has. In many of the shots she looks like Lisa, others like Cilla, and then there are those in which she looks like Elvis. She is one lucky gal to have those genes!!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful work you have done on this site.

magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:20 am 
Riley, Priscilla and Lisa, they look perfect
Elvis looked perfect.

It amazes me how Lisa looks like her father so much.
The eyes, the smile, the lips, the mannerism. She has in my opinion something really "sexy" about her too.
She has a kind off don't mess with me image, very tough but I think it is just a pose and I think she is a very gentle person .

Elvis was a gorgeous man, beautiful like an ancient God.
Look at that mouth, that nose, and the color of his eyes and skin.
I think his dark brown hair suited him but the black also.
You can clearly see his Indian roots when you see his bone structure.
Beautiful man. :) Both inside and outside

Priscilla: she has gone a long way. Very beautiful and natural looking at 14 she captured worlds famous entertainer his hearth. She stood out .
While maturing she had to find her own style a bit but when she was 21 and married him and entered the spotlight, she was unearthly beautiful.
She used a lot of make up but my God it suited her very much in those wedding pictures.
Also when they walk towards the plane after the marriage, they looked stunning, both of them.
She looked like a Barbie doll and walked like one, and she had something over her, difficult to explain , something special, something innocent, perhaps shy. Her moves are exquisite. The way she waves or smiles in the camera nobody else could imitate that, :) always careful, calm and very feminine and elegant. It still amazes me time after time when I see their home movies... I wonder did she had to learn to behave and move like that or was she so by nature. She sure was a princess, his princess, put on a pedestal by him for so long.
She could have stayed like that but she choose another life. That beautiful young and innocent childbride became a women, a independant women. A women who didn't want to be put on a pedestal or being almost worshiped like a holy virgin. She made choices we all know and fell off that pedestal for good.
I think you can clearly see her change in the pics when Lisa became a todler.
After the marriage she still looked very beautiful but something had changed for good. We never saw that young bride again in her, altough she nowadays does some efforts to still behave like that again but in my opinion she doesn't even come close anymore to that Priscilla the world first saw on May 1 , 1967.

I think she changed a lot becoming older, she looks nowadays a very cold, calculated and manipulative person, tough iron lady. I see that in her iceblue eyes. She is petite and very soft spoken but you'd better watch out with her. :lol: Sometimes I wonder was she always like that (I do not see or feel that in her pictures when she was young) it keeps me busy still the whole time . I can feel and sense things very strongly, I know I have a very good judgement regarding people but with HER I am still not finished. Don't know what to think about her when she was young. :roll:

What made her that way, is she bitter, or did she became bitter and when was that.... What was the reason

She is kind of an enigma to me, and it will probably stay that way , she has a shield , a wall, a facade and I can't get trough that, I just feel it is impossible. Hope Lisa Marie will have the chance to know her mother real well, if she (priscilla) allows it :?

When she was young she could have been Helena from Troy, or she also reminds me A LOT of that beautiful actress who played the role of Sissi, empress of Austria. (Romy Schneider) Look at her pics when she was 14, 15 years she looked A LOT like the actress in that movie.
Priscilla also looks like the real Elisabeth (sissi) from Austria.
I have been there and visited Schonbrunn, her residence. There is one picture of her with her long hair loose and when I saw that I immediately tought of Priscilla. Amazing.

Riley: Looks so much as Priscilla. Doesn't look like Lisa. Altough when she was a todler she used to look like her mother.
Now she has that same beauty Priscilla had as the young bride of Elvis Presley. That innocence about her, the way she moves and talks it is Priscilla all over again only she is blond. I hope fashion business doesn't change her too much. She just looked perfect on that cover of Vogue , she had something Royal in her. That look, that poise. She could have been the perfect Helena of Troy, much more then the actress they choosed in the film Troy. but I've seen more recent pictures of her and she is changing to suit fashion standards and not for the better, just my opinion of course.
She does have something of Elvis also but I can not really point out what it is exactly. Perhaps something in her eyes, and also mannerism. But he is strongly seen in Lisa Marie and much less in Riley.

Benjamin: we do not see a lot of pictures about him yet, but my oh my, watch out for him. He will be presented in Media when time is right and I just feel we will be staring at him. I've seen some relative recent pics of him and believe me, he will look like him "A LOT". I alreaddy see that in his eyes, his mouth, his behaviour. Only he still has to grow up a bit more, but you'll see :wink:

Meet the presleys :wink:

Young Priscilla: beauty and innocence

Introducing Mrs. Presley: one of a kind

Only she could get away with that (the camera loved her :) )

Very much in love

Sweet girl, so different from what she became:

I've found the perfect Helena from Troy

Notice the ressemblance with Riley on the cover of Vogue :wink:

Growing up and changing

Things weren't the same

I'll hear your stories that fill your sad eyes, when you had raven hair (Raven Lisa Marie Presley)

I see a change, coming to our lives, it's not the same has it used to be, but it's not too late to realise our mistakes, were just not right for each other :cry:

You seemed to change and why i will never know (are you longsome tonight Elvis Presley)

Beautiful man, beautiful soul

(wish I could have spent some more time with you - They tried to make you look broken, not while I'm living( Lisa Marie Presley)

Go on dry your eyes, know that I forgiven you and I'm sorry, and everything till know wasn't that bad really, beautiful lady.
Why don't you fly with me....

You finally be OK with me

Hold your head up high, I know I have been ruthless

Raven - Lisa Marie Presley

Riley Keough

At the beginning of her modelling career

This is too plastic, I liked her much more on the Vogue cover and on the above pic

Riley/Priscilla so much ressemblance

Nadine (riley)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:04 am 
Although signed on as "Guest," I didn't have to wait to get to the bottom to see who posted--I knew it was Riley. She has so much soul and expresses it so well. I, too, am in reserve of Cilla. But then, I have not walked a mile in her shoes.

magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

Really great images! I didn't have quite a few of them. Of course that one of Pris w/ blonde hair and hat I posted earlier. It was taken of her in Hawai'i when I handed her a booket that I had written. She is looking at me in the photo.

The one w/pris in pink and wearing white turban, standing with Elvis was taken at the Coco Palms restort here on Kaua'i.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

yes really beautiful but not innocent ..strange but,I kinda scared to look into those eyes..it's not a made up feeling, it was always really there for me..hey maybe it wasn't Elvis,it's me instead, who knew her in a previous life.. :wink: :shock: :lol:

Post subject: pictures
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:15 am 
Site Admin

Great pictures, like you say they are kind of scary at times to see those eyes-and how they changed too. And so sad to see the two of them together, both look sad but Elvis looks wounded more than she-he couldn't be what she wanted in a man, he said one time, couldn't change for her because that wasn't what he was or could be and so he said, we can't piece things together because the pieces don't fit any more-I'm me and she is what she is becoming and she's beautiful, but we can't make it together-it hurts too much-for her and for me too. It's not good to try to make it work-just causes more grief and strife and we neither one need that. He was very wise about it all, tried hard to accept it but in lonely moments he was wounded to the quick and it didn't heal. He had waited so long, saw to it that she had the best education, what she wanted to do, and then when she turned 21 she told him she didn't want to do anything but be his wife, have his children, be there for him and that she'd always love him and then as he put it, "it all fell apart- and there wasn't anything either of us could do-and still be happy with it." And he said it was his fault-he couldn't forget though he tried, wanted to, he just couldn't trust her heart anymore so there was no use lying about it. I'm so glad his grandchildren look like him-and his daughter. It's nice to have them. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:45 am 
I have to say that I'm very disappointed in Lisa Marie, it seems like that it was more important for Lisa to be at Graceland for the American Idol FInal Four coming to Graseland then it was when Priscilla excepted the Honor for Graceland Becoming a National LandMark. I also have to make a comment that was said how the camera LOVED priscilla when she was with Elvis, not only did the camera Love her but in some of the picture's she Loved the Camera to. It seems to me as long as something was happening for Priscilla to be in front of the Camera she was happy being with Elvis, but as soon as things slowed down to where the camera wasn't on Priscilla thats when she got tired of Elvis. Barb!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]