It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: photo
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:14 am 
Site Admin

I haven't been to Graceland since the early 80's so is that a picture of Jessie's marker site? All yellow, that is interesting. Or is that an Easter time selection? When I was there it was just three graves. There were so many flowers they were spilling over out into the walk way and down the path to the entrance. We had 3 roses, one for each and there was no marker for Jessie. There was construction going on for something to be built to shelter more things. And it was a warm but not to humid hot day. We felt Elvis there-almost expected to look up and see him leaning over the top stair rails-kept getting a mental picture of that-and Starla was getting goosebumps in the den and again in the rachet ball room
as well. I felt more when we went across and saw some of the personal things, his book, clothing and his sheriff's badge etc:. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:26 pm 
DID THEY LOCATE JESSIES REAL GRAVE AND HAVE HIM MOVED TO GRACELAND? I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERD WHY THEY NEVER DID THAT, I HAVE ALSO HEARD ALOT OF PEOPLE SAYING THEY CAN FEEL ELVIS WHEN AT GRACELAND. ESPECIALLY AT THE RACQUET BALL COURT, I WELL BE GOING NEXTED MONTH FOR MY FIRST TIME PHYSICALLY. I HAVE BEEN IN GRACELAND 3 TIMES IN DREAMS, AND I DO HOPE I CAN FEEL OR SEE ELVIS TO WHEN I GO. BARB!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Last I heard, only a marker for Jessie is at Graceland...not a grave.

Post subject: Jesse's grave
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
DID THEY LOCATE JESSIES REAL GRAVE AND HAVE HIM MOVED TO GRACELAND? I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERD WHY THEY NEVER DID THAT

I read that Vernon tried to locate Jesse's grave in Tupelo, but the ravages of time had changed the environment such that it could not be located.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is the grave of Vernon, one day after his funeral. there is no gravestone at that moment yet.

Never saw this one myself until today, so I tought, it is rather unique, let's post it.

Nadine

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:42 am 
Barb wrote:
DID THEY LOCATE JESSIES REAL GRAVE AND HAVE HIM MOVED TO GRACELAND? I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERD WHY THEY NEVER DID THAT, I HAVE ALSO HEARD ALOT OF PEOPLE SAYING THEY CAN FEEL ELVIS WHEN AT GRACELAND. ESPECIALLY AT THE RACQUET BALL COURT, I WELL BE GOING NEXTED MONTH FOR MY FIRST TIME PHYSICALLY. I HAVE BEEN IN GRACELAND 3 TIMES IN DREAMS, AND I DO HOPE I CAN FEEL OR SEE ELVIS TO WHEN I GO. BARB!!

Barb, when do you plan to go? I am going to meet an Elvis fan there June 10 and we'll be there a few days. Bill Burk has agreed to meet with us if we can find a convenient time for both parties.

Anyone have anything they want us to ask Bill?

I have been to Graceland once before, but I was not a real fan at that time, so I am really excited about this trip. Wouldn't it be great if Barb were to be there at the same time?

As for Jesse, I read that he was probably just buried in a shoebox in the back yard at Tupelo and that they could not find a body to relocate to Graceland. As far as moving Gladys and Elvis to Graceland, I am pretty sure it was because there was an incident when someone broke into the cemetery in the wee hours and tried to get to Elvis's grave. Security guards prevented their access, and Vernon decided to move the bodies to Graceland at that time. I personally think that was the appropriate thing to do as both were so much a part of Graceland. I wonder if Lisa Marie will choose to go there, too, when her time comes? (Which I trust and hope will be long after I am gone.)

magic

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2