It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: A helping hand up
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Walter and I bowl on Mondays in a fun league----good thing no one cares about the scores because I am still learning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Over the weekend I decorated 3 big boxes to take to the bowling alley after talking to the manager.
We have a box for food, a box for new but unwrapped toys and a third for basic needs like soap/shampoo etc.................
Port Huron has had an unemployment rate nearly 20 per cent since before Bush left office. The 3.2 million jobs that paid a living wage are never coming back----at least not to Michigan which is tied so closely with what used to be called The Big 3...................automobile companies............suppliers have shut down and the trickle out effect is horrible.
Walter and I decided to work with the manager at the bowling alley becaus ALL items collected will stay in Port Huron where I grew up in poverty too many years ago.............
I believe Elvis would be happy about this giving a hand up because he knew poverty as extreme as I did.
The One above has blessed us as a family so we can do this and that makes our hearts happy.
Maybe there is a business where some of the ELC members live that could inquire about putting boxes for those in need of help right now.
I believe Elvis would have boxes everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
always with love,
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: A helping hand up
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes Elvis sure would be putting Boxes every where, and I wouldn't of put it Past Elvis if her were still here in Physical Form of Disguised and standing at a Salvation Army Red Bucket Ringing a Bell. I can just see Elvis! :D

Post subject: Re: A helping hand up
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Somehow I can see Elvis doing that if he is allowed to. He would want to do them in Memphis so anyone going there might be sure they put money in a kettle as maybe it is Elvis disguised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it is not helping give people a lending hand up is so very important this year.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]